Finally received my Delta Wolf, but a pretty bad bottle leak

Finally got my Delta Wolf, .30 Cal. Noticed when it arrived it had only 50 Bar in the gun, and I was worried it might have a leak. Filled it up to 200 bar and could hear it leaking. Pulled the bottle off and it is leaking from the top of the bottle. Never had a bottle leak before. Calling AOA tomorrow to see if they can just send me a new bottle. Hoping to play with it over the weekend. Anyone know if the bottle on a Safari is the same screw off as the Delta. Hoping to get me through the weekend. 

Actually from the bottle? the DW bottle can be a bit difficult to remove, you can tear the gun valve bonded seal in the process, but I have never seen the bottle valve itself leaking, its probably in truth a bit of crap in the valve, a quick blast of high pressure usually sorts this out.

All of the INOCOM bottles are M18X1.5 thread in the neck, be aware though the DW bottle valve is glued in and I dont mean Loctite I mean glue! to remove it requires meaching it out usually and yes we have had to do it.

"Pretty lousy business to send a three thousand dollar rifle out to a customer in that condition." 

Pretty lousy rush to judgment to make that statement on a public forum, since you have no clue that occurred. Perhaps you also have no clue about gorilla package handlers, dropping packages three feet off the back of a truck, end first, onto concrete; or how the ultrasonics of flight often wreak havoc on mechanical assemblies, and ANY airgun can be fine one second and leaking the next. 

I must have gotten lucky. When I got my Delta I had a spare 580cc bottle lying around. Took off the stock bottle removed the fitting, screwed it on the 580cc bottle and done. Having one of these helps a lot.

29914652-A6FA-45AF-BDFD-7EF6095A7054.1625874177.jpeg

The spare bottle would have been useful. I’ve never seen a bottle with a leak, the guy at AOA said it was there first. The gun is filling very slow, much slower than normal. I think spray1mark is right, I think there is some dirt in the valve. I’m not going to look until the new one arrives, want to shoot it this weekend. New bottle should be here by Wednesday. 

"Why the attack on my honest response gasman?"

Your post was not an honest response, Unless you shipped it, you don't know if the gun was healthy before falling into the hands of gorillas. I've shipped and received airguns that were perfectly healthy when shipped, but arrived leaking or damaged. That's a more likely scenario than AoA sending out a leaking $3000 rifle with a five year warranty, knowing they'll not only create customer ill-will, but have to absorb shipping costs round-trip, as well.

Fact is, "Pretty lousy business to send a three thousand dollar rifle out to a customer in that condition" is a public attack on a business with harmful intent. I have nothing against you relating your personal experiences with any dealer. But accusation of bad business based on speculation is not honest. 

Mine also had a slow leak where the bottle mated to the gun. Replaced the bonded washer and that fixed it. Didn’t think to check the bottle itself but fixed is fixed.

Just remember FYI Andy those bonded seal are METRIC NOT IMPERIAL, plus they use self centering seals and not standard bonded seals, which have a smaller ID.

I must have gotten lucky. When I got my Delta I had a spare 580cc bottle lying around. Took off the stock bottle removed the fitting, screwed it on the 580cc bottle and done. Having one of these helps a lot.

29914652-A6FA-45AF-BDFD-7EF6095A7054.1625874177.jpeg

Mike, get yourself the SABER TAC bottle remover, it's amazing to use and no risk of scraping the top of the bottle neck as you can with the C spanner.