• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally picked up an Uragan!

I just picked up a Uragan in .22 this weekend and, after my scope for it came in, I finally got some time to shoot it! It's my first bullpup so the first shots on it felt a bit odd. It helps that there's no ping or violent slamming of the valve. The firing cycle is all pretty tame and the report is quiet. I have a Sumo on order for that little extra bit of hush though. Another thing I like about the bullpup platform is the weight distribution. Even though it weighs probably ~9lbs as it sits below, when brought to the shoulder it doesn't feel so heavy since the center of gravity is so much closer to the body.

The sidelever on this rifle is really slick and what was really interesting to me is that the actual cocking happens in the last inch or so of the lever's throw. Despite that the effort is really low and it's really easy to keep on target while cycling the gun. The trigger may be a bit light for my tastes (12oz) but I'm going to put more rounds through it before I adjust it. The magazines are easy to load with pellets and into the rifle. Here are a couple really quick groups at ~40yd using the JSB 18.1s. The top two groups were me sighting and verifying the zero point and the bottom is about 8 shots or so. Still have to test 15.9 JSBs and possibly some slugs as well.

Big shoutout to Charlie at Georgia Airguns who took the time to go over the gun with me, chrony it, and demonstrate its accuracy. Hands down the best buying experience I've had to date!

1577213306_11177725895e025d7a251a60.22628479_Uragan22.jpg

1577213056_19284807835e025c80a89236.44731723_Uragan22_1.jpg

Hope you continue to like it, I think you will.... I really like my .25. And the Sumo on my .25 makes a big difference, I can only imagine that your .22 will benefit even more. 

Note that the trigger is only 2 stage in the sense that there is a spring on the linkage rod that you can adjust (a little) for the 'first stage' pressure. To make the release heavier you will be limited to making the sear engagement longer. That's an easy adjustment. There are pics and descriptions we can point you to. I would reload one now but was just checking a few sights before heading out for holiday get together.

If you have the opportunity to do groups at longer range, let us know. I've been considering adding another in .22 and parting with my Wildcat.

Jeff

Dairyboy,

Some of the reports of the issues with the gun have me a bit worried but the gun is definitely a shooter. My plan is to shoot it for awhile stock so hopefully I don't have a reason to open it up before I want to.

Digger25, 

Yep the SWFA fits very well on it! Had it zeroed in no time and the mil/mil setup makes it really easy to dial in your hits.

Nice one try the Hades my Vulcan 2 likes them maybe even more then regular JSB out to 50 yards.

My Uragan 22 compact seems to like the hades quite a bit. I’m really surprised how well they shoot out of it.

I'll definitely have to give the Hades a try. Not sure how much I'll be pesting/hunting with this gun (don't really have anywhere to do it) though.