• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally, I was able to order the Altaros M24 with shipping to the USA

As you may have read in this post, that I have the .25 M24.
I probably have more than 300 rounds through my M24.
At some point, I will post a review. But for now, I'm withholding any comments. good and bad until I can justify what I say in any of my posts. I can say this. Altaros has been very accommodating with all my questions so far.

In some ways, this PCP is very different from my other airguns and is new in the US market. Hence, there is nobody other than Altaros to help. If the weather is not too at my club range in the next month or so, I might be able to post a short review.

I've been waiting for news... glad i didnt bring it up or ask you about it...as you've been gathering data.

Guys that buy a gun then immediately start a topic about how great or bad it is pretty much are wasting our time. I would rather wait for good information than knee jerk fluff. Good, bad or both.

I will most likely put my grubby little hands my friend's M24 this saturday, so will immediately post a knee jerk fluff to waste everyone's time! :ROFLMAO:

I will most likely put my grubby little hands my friend's M24 this saturday, so will immediately post a knee jerk fluff to waste everyone's time! :ROFLMAO:
And I would likely read it. Actually shooting and talking about a buddies gun might be one of the most pure opinions a guy can post about. There’s no buyers remorse. No jeopardizing freebies. So as long as a guy isn’t trying to get a hype man’s discount or just gets silly over shiny new things, I don’t think your situation would be wasting anyone’s time. Can’t wait for the report.

And I would likely read it. Actually shooting and talking about a buddies gun might be one of the most pure opinions a guy can post about. There’s no buyers remorse. No jeopardizing freebies. So as long as a guy isn’t trying to get a hype man’s discount or just gets silly over shiny new things, I don’t think your situation would be wasting anyone’s time. Can’t wait for the report.

Good points, I have zero incentive one way or another. Hell I currently have around zero chance/desire to order one. It certainly is a novelty gun but from YouTube videos it has potential. Personally I don't like traditional hunting rifle stock, much prefer the tacticool chassis for precision shooting. HOWEVER, my friend bought it because it's a M24 look alike....as in Remington 700 M24 SWS look alike.

Either way, will find out Saturday.

This is not a review. Just a teaser. I now have about 400 rounds through the M24. .25 cal. I will have many things to report, features I like and don't like when I am done testing it's long range capabilities. Right now, I'm limited to only 200 yards at my club range and 300 yards at a different public range which I have not been yet with the M24.

I only shoot long ranges of 200 yard plus. Straight out of the box, I zeroed at 50 yards and went straight to 200 yards. My initial groups were like buckshot and spread out in a 10 inch circle. I was very disappointed.

I did not give up. And in the past 6 different range days and about 400 rounds, I was able to close the groups to within a 3 inch group at 200 yards. Still not what I was expecting. With my Texan .257 LSS, I can split playing cards at 200 yards and in a 1 to 2 inch group. Or less that 1 shooters MOA.

I think the barrel needed all 400 rounds to break it in. ( I clean my barrel after 100 rounds) Along with lots of tuning adjustments with the Altaros Queen 60 grain slugs, my groups are shown in the picture. Please note that the winds today were about 7 to 10 mph, and swirling right to left. High humidity with pending rain storm coming.

I won't know the real potential of the M24 till I shoot beyond 300 yards with a maximum of 1000 yards at an outdoor range 4 hour drive from my house. This won't happen for several months due the winter weather in California.

Like I mentioned, I will have several things I like and don't like to mention in a full review in the Spring. The bulls eye in the picture are 3 inch round.

If you can please keep your comments "on topic" I would like to hear from you.

20231227_103756[1].jpg
P1060492.JPG
P1060494.JPG
20231227_103417[1].jpg

Last edited:
This is not a review. Just a teaser. I now have about 400 rounds through the M24. .25 cal. I will many things to report, good and bad when I am done testing it's long range capabilities. Right now, I'm limited to only 200 yards at my club range and 300 yards at a different public range which I have not been yet with the M24.

I only shoot long ranges of 200 yard plus. Straight out of the box, I zeroed at 50 yards and went straight to 200 yards. My initial groups were like buckshot and spread out in a 10 inch circle. I was very disappointed.

I did not give up. And in the past 6 different range days and about 400 rounds, I was able to close the groups to within a 3 inch group at 200 yards. Still not what I was expecting. With my Texan .257 LSS, I can split playing cards at 200 yards and in a 1 to 2 inch group. Or less that 1 shooters MOA.

I think the barrel needed all 400 rounds to break it in. ( I clean my barrel after 100 rounds) Along with lots of tuning adjustments with the Altaros Queen 60 grain slugs, my groups are shown in the picture. Please note that the winds today were about 7 to 10 mph, and swirling right to left. High humidity with pending rain storm coming.

I won't know the real potential of the M24 till I shoot beyond 300 yards with a maximum of 1000 yards at an outdoor range 4 hour drive from my house. This won't happen for several months due the winter weather in California.

Like I mentioned, I will have several good and bad things to mention in a full review in the Spring. The bulls eye in the picture are 3 inch round.

If you can please keep your comments "on topic" I would like to hear from you.

View attachment 419519View attachment 419521View attachment 419522View attachment 419523
How was accuracy at 50 yards when you sighted in?

If it’s shooting like that at 200 yards with a 7-10mph wind, I think things are going well. I won’t even judge my most nasty powder burners accuracy at 200 yards in a true 7-10mph wind. If it ain’t calm, you’re guessing and speculating. What are the shot harmonics of the gun like? When you squeeze the trigger, how does the gun react pushing a 60gr slug?

Reactions: Ranchibi
If it’s shooting like that at 200 yards with a 7-10mph wind, I think things are going well. I won’t even judge my most nasty powder burners accuracy at 200 yards in a true 7-10mph wind. If it ain’t calm, you’re guessing and speculating. What are the shot harmonics of the gun like? When you squeeze the trigger, how does the gun react pushing a 60gr slug?
Thanks. My bench setup mods makes for a firm platform for shooting. The combination muzzle break and silencer reduces any kick back. It's much less than the kick from my Texan .257 LSS.

Thought ideal speed is 900fps, how come it's only pushing the queens at 812fps? The YouTube video shows the gun shot out to 1 mile, now I'm curious if that was shot at around 810fps.
Actual average was 824 fps. The Altaros Queen have a very high BC of .245 and shoots best at much lower velocity than my Texan at 1028 fps with a 85 grain slug. Yeah, what a difference!

I'm going to try a slightly higher 840 fps next time. I'm slowly creeping up to the Altaros suggested 850 fps for the Queens since I am only shooting a max 200 yards. Maybe a 1000 yards needs 850 fps. I won't know until it I try different tunes.

1000004010.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
I should also mention that I am using the original FX chrono. I have to move it several times to get the FX chrono to read the shots. The RSO at my club range let me use the new FX True Ballistic Chrono for a short time and the reading were slightly different from my older FX chrono. With the new FX chrono, the spread and standard dev was read much lower. I have since ordered the new FX chrono V2 which will arrive in 2 weeks from Canada. and only cost $220 including shipping.

Last range day of the year was cold, windy and raining.
I figure if I can split a playing card at 200 yards under these weather conditions, I would keep the M24 for another day. I did bump up the velocity to shoot the queens at 835 fps instead of 825 fps.

As you can see, I took several shots to adjust for windage, but I finally got it done. Picture of me in the rain was at 125 yards.

20231229_092156.jpg
20231229_094932.jpg

20231229_094909.jpg
20231229_094919.jpg
20231229_105212.jpg
20231229_095033.jpg

Last range day of the year was cold, windy and raining.
I figure if I can split a playing card at 200 yards under these weather conditions, I would keep the M24 for another day. I did bump up the velocity to shoot the queens at 835 fps instead of 825 fps.

As you can see, I took several shots to adjust for windage, but I finally got it done. Picture of me in the rain was at 125 yards.

View attachment 420108 View attachment 420110

View attachment 420104View attachment 420105View attachment 420106View attachment 420107
Rod, that Altaors is definitely a shooter/keeper in my humble opinion! Great shooting in some awful weather conditions! Nice pics, great split on the card.

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Rod, that Altaors is definitely a shooter/keeper in my humble opinion! Great shooting in some awful weather conditions! Nice pics, great split on the card.
Yes on the M24. But my Texan .257 LSS shoots even better than the M24 at 200 yards. I bought the M24 to shoot real long distances of 600 to 1000 yards. I wont know if it's a keeper until I will shoot at the San Luis Obispo Sportmans range next year.

Reactions: Ranchibi