• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally, I was able to order the Altaros M24 with shipping to the USA

Allen,
Altaros does not accept PayPal. Only credit card or wire transfer. A wire transfer for me would cost $50. So I paid with a CC.
Only the actual purchase price was charged.
Rod in San Francisco
Right, I was just wondering, the same thing happens when I did some business with Krale. It also only pops up on occasion. Basically whether or not it was caught. Not a complaint just a observation.

And because it pops up on your credit card I wonder if it is something that is part of the credit card transaction

Allen

Hi Everybody that chimed in on this thread.
I'm planning to start a new discussion in a few days about the M24.
It arrived today very well packaged.

I did a quick assembly with my Remple bipod, 300 moa cold shot, Sightron PLR 12x50x60 scope and Absolute MOA digital readout. I still have to read up on all the features. I might even go out to the range tomorrow if it's not raining.

Attached is a teaser pic. More to come in a new thread.

Rod in San Francisco
20231205_125705.jpg

I don't have the absolute but do have a couple of cold shots . I smile each time I use both guns , so I am following with great anticipation ! As I shoot the Altaros out to 500 now.
I'm mounting the Absolute MOA for the first time on this new gun. It will take some scope ring placement and scope adjustments to get it right. I wont know until I'm actually at the range. Neat tool and fun to use. Yes, the Cold Shot is the bomb!

I should mention that the total length including the Altaros moderator/muzzle break is 51 1/2 long. I will need to order a new rifle case, cause I store my rifles with the moderator on and hardly ever take them off.

Ask Scott # scotchsmo what case he has for his long beast .
Yes, Scott has been a wealth of information. He invited me to shoot with him at the San Luis Obispo range. I even became a club member. I have a Creedmore 60" case for my 57" inch Texan. Probably get the 55 inch Creedmore case when it's back in stock.

Reactions: trlrman
haha!!! checked back in to se whether it'd arrived yet after all the waaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiting...

good for you, m8
Thanks. Yes, I'm going to the range tomorrow. I needed quite a few mods just to set it up for long range bench shooting.
20231207_111437[1].jpg

I ended up paying a $82.88 Government charges and $21 brokerage fees for my 2 shipments.
$103.88 total. Tracking shows arriving tomorrow.

I was not expecting these additional fees when I placed my order with Altaros.
I'm not complaining, just wish I had advance notice.

Rod in San Francisco
That is weird. I wonder why?

I bought a Huben K1 from wolfiek in spain and it actually came pretty fast, under a week, mostly due to black friday traffic i bet or it would've been more like 4days or so.

Mine stopped in koeln germany too. it was held at customs in spain though, right after they shipped from the facility... then it went from germany straight into the US and stopped at philly. which for my area is the customs hold spot. but i believe due it being marked "Air rifle" on the box, and due to wolfiek having many airgun orders coming to the US they either were already aware or just passed it thru without any stoppage.

only in spain it said the same thing, where it required clearance from the sender (probably just confirmation that it wasnt a firearm)

I don't understand why there would be extra charges though. My friend had ordered a gun from a UK store and it got held in philly customs, mistaken for a firearm, cleared up and then sent along with no issue and definitely no charges

Did anyone else who ordered one pay these fees?
I am considering making the purchase myself tbh

That is weird. I wonder why?

I bought a Huben K1 from wolfiek in spain and it actually came pretty fast, under a week, mostly due to black friday traffic i bet or it would've been more like 4days or so.

Mine stopped in koeln germany too. it was held at customs in spain though, right after they shipped from the facility... then it went from germany straight into the US and stopped at philly. which for my area is the customs hold spot. but i believe due it being marked "Air rifle" on the box, and due to wolfiek having many airgun orders coming to the US they either were already aware or just passed it thru without any stoppage.

only in spain it said the same thing, where it required clearance from the sender (probably just confirmation that it wasnt a firearm)

I don't understand why there would be extra charges though. My friend had ordered a gun from a UK store and it got held in philly customs, mistaken for a firearm, cleared up and then sent along with no issue and definitely no charges

Did anyone else who ordered one pay these fees?
I am considering making the purchase myself tbh
The charges he got were custom duty fees and brokerage fees. Everything I've ordered over $800 from Europe had these fees as well.

Hi, I have been waiting for more info regarding members in the great USA that have received their Altaros rifle orders. Any actual .22 real world performance results would be interesting to see as well. It looks like this thread just went dark. Happy Holidays to all!
As you may have read in this post, that I have the .25 M24.
I probably have more than 300 rounds through my M24.
At some point, I will post a review. But for now, I'm withholding any comments. good and bad until I can justify what I say in any of my posts. I can say this. Altaros has been very accommodating with all my questions so far.

In some ways, this PCP is very different from my other airguns and is new in the US market. Hence, there is nobody other than Altaros to help. If the weather is not too at my club range in the next month or so, I might be able to post a short review.