• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally, I was able to order the Altaros M24 with shipping to the USA

My 2 Altaros shipments were cleared thru US custom and is starting to move as of Dec 4th.
US Customs needed additional information from Altaros and the reason for the hold up.
I made contact with Altaros and they acted quickly to respond to US Customs.
Now my 2 shipments have been released by Customs and is starting to move.

I'm optimistic that I will receive delivery very soon.

It's reasonable to think there will be a few glitches for Altaros, since it's the first time shipping the M24 to the United States. I wasn't expected to receive the M24 until January 2024, and now it might be delivered before Xmas!

I'm anxious to install my new Sightron PLR 12x50x60 scope and 300 MOA Heritage Arms Cold Shot and Absolute MOA Digital Read out on the M24. And start shooting targets beyond 500 yards and up to 1000 yards if I am lucky.

Rod in San Francisco

I was just looking at your first pic to see if I could identify how the plumbing was fit and noticed the second sling stud in front. Is that for a bipod then? Nice of them to have taken that into consideration.
Yes, there is a sling stud towards the front. I already have a "sling stud-picatinny adapter" which I will mount my Remple bipod to.

Reactions: dv8eod
I noticed my Altaros orders larger than 20 packages that they tend to get hung up in customs a little longer. Often with one bag cut open, and not resealed. 🙄

It maybe in Altaros', the customer's, and customs' best interest to have the guns clearly marked as a airgun rather than let them assume it is what it looks. At least under the outer packaging or paperwork.

Allen

My 2 Altaros shipments were cleared thru US custom and is starting to move as of Dec 4th.
US Customs needed additional information from Altaros and the reason for the hold up.
I made contact with Altaros and they acted quickly to respond to US Customs.
Now my 2 shipments have been released by Customs and is starting to move.

I'm optimistic that I will receive delivery very soon.

It's reasonable to think there will be a few glitches for Altaros, since it's the first time shipping the M24 to the United States. I wasn't expected to receive the M24 until January 2024, and now it might be delivered before Xmas!

I'm anxious to install my new Sightron PLR 12x50x60 scope and 300 MOA Heritage Arms Cold Shot and Absolute MOA Digital Read out on the M24. And start shooting targets beyond 500 yards and up to 1000 yards if I am lucky.

Rod in San Francisco
Rod, have you cleared them with Newsom?

I ended up paying a $82.88 Government charges and $21 brokerage fees for my 2 shipments.
$103.88 total. Tracking shows arriving tomorrow.

I was not expecting these additional fees when I placed my order with Altaros.
I'm not complaining, just wish I had advance notice.

Rod in San Francisco

I ended up paying a $82.88 Government charges and $21 brokerage fees for my 2 shipments.
$103.88 total. Tracking shows arriving tomorrow.

I was not expecting these additional fees when I placed my order with Altaros.
I'm not complaining, just wish I had advance notice.

Rod in San Francisco
Did you by chance pay witha card or a service? Was that something that was adding on when you check your statement later?

Allen

I have the CAD model of the action roughed out. I have been working on some design work for a Remington 770 for a friend. I dropped the action model in the stock model for the Rem 770. I need to create new inletting for the Altaros M24 action still but it will be a could foundational start for a first stock design for this rifle.

M24 Action v21 iso.png
M24 Assy V1 v3 RH.jpg

M24 Assy V1 v3 ISO 2.png

M24 Assy V1 v3 ISO1.png

M24 Assy V1 v3 Top.png
M24 Assy V1 v3 Front.png

Did you by chance pay witha card or a service? Was that something that was adding on when you check your statement later?

Allen
Allen,
Altaros does not accept PayPal. Only credit card or wire transfer. A wire transfer for me would cost $50. So I paid with a CC.
Only the actual purchase price was charged.
Rod in San Francisco

Reactions: Healthservices
I have the CAD model of the action roughed out. I have been working on some design work for a Remington 770 for a friend. I dropped the action model in the stock model for the Rem 770. I need to create new inletting for the Altaros M24 action still but it will be a could foundational start for a first stock design for this rifle.

View attachment 412397View attachment 412399
View attachment 412400
View attachment 412401
View attachment 412402View attachment 412403
This is great intel. I was thinking of ordering a spare stock from Altaros so that I can "camo" or paint one and still have an original in case of resell. I would definitely be interested in a wood stock. I am a machinist and cabinet maker, so it would be inline with me to mod a 700 stock.

Perhaps countries have different fees and blanket grouped under Gov. charges for simplicity?
That's likely. I'm not complaining about the fees. Since it's new for Altaros to ship their PCP to USA, it will be a learning curve for them. I guess I'm paying the price to be a "trend setter" and one of the first M24 shooters in the US.

That's likely. I'm not complaining about the fees. Since it's new for Altaros to ship their PCP to USA, it will be a learning curve for them. I guess I'm paying the price to be a "trend setter" and one of the first M24 shooters in the US.
I appreciate you for taking one for the team and sharing your finding's.

Reactions: rodjava