Finally got to try out my Gamo Swarm Whisper in .22

I recoeved it last monday but didnt have time during the week to try it out. Have to say, I like it. Once I got the scope zeroed in, i was knocking diwn targets all afternoon. 

Tried several pellet brands and so far, the crosman domes gave me the best results. Quarter sized groupings at 15 yards, when i get my trigger control right. Ibstill tend to pull the trigger to one side or the other. The new rest bags helped with that a little.

Strangly enough, these were also the only ones to penetrate my backstop. Not completely, but you can see 14 of the 15 pellets i used on the target sticking out of the thick rubber mat that serves as the final layer. The pointed "penetrating" ones just bounced off.

20220402_144415.1648946467.jpg
20220402_144408.1648946469.jpg

I forgot to add that it hits hard. If anybody tried to tell you that this is a toy, show them this.

20220402_135444.1648947494.jpg

I put a couple of clean CO2 catridges out and this is what the 22 crossman domes did to them. The left one was a glancing hit too. Makes you wonder if the shape of a hunting pellet it really as important for penetration as you think. Or at least, if a point is really better?

Overall, i like it. The 10 rd magazine worked perfectly. Trigger pull was a bit high, but i can adjust that later.

The scope was decent, but its still not the best. The eye piece had an adjustable focus, but was very wobbly if you don't tighten the securing nut on it.

What i like best was how many rounds I could put down compared to my CO2 rifles. I only needed to cock it once, and squeeze the triger, every single time. No changing cartridges, nobadjusting for low pressure, no worrying about temperatures. Because of that, i got more rounds down and didn't get bored because of CO2 changes.

DIY,

Congratulations, nothing beats the excitement a new gun brings. The adjustment on the scope eyepiece is for correct reticle(crosshairs) setting. Looking at a light background, like the sky or a wall, for a few seconds at a time, you adjust till reticle appears darkest, then secure with lockring. Scope power adjustments, like changing from 4x to 8x, don't have lockrings, that I'm aware of, but ocular, or eyepiece ends often do. I watched several YouTube scope adjustment videos to learn this, hope it helps. Best of Luck, WM