• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally got the raccoon!

As a long time firearm shooter/retired LE/hunting I got into the PCP world last year for two reasons.........

I like to shoot and after the equipment purchase I can shoot all day in my suburban but fairly large lot back yard for pennies 

A racoon problem that includes them liking to nest under the cement stoop that is inaccessible to me due to the large deck built over it. 

Well after a long year of semi serious stake outs I went onto the deck last night and caught some large red eyes reflecting in my scope mounted predator light. 

I'm using a Prophet Performance .22, JSB Redesigns shooting at 970 FPS. I had a broadside shot and aimed for it's eye and down it went. Finally. After it's couple of seconds of twitching on the spot I went out to take a look. Entrance was just behind the eye, small hole. Exit on the other side was also just behind the eye and much, much bigger. I planned on taking a pic of it this morning before I disposed of it but it was gone. We also have coyotes. LOL

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I get to start camping out the trash pandas again--the other morning was having my morning smokey treat and saw two big boys running from the front of my house to the back of my property in the woods. Time to set out the tuna fish can a night this weekend! 

Thanks for sharing and glad you got em!

Night Eyes Predator Light. I have the GL150.