FWB Finally got around to scoping my FWB 150

Picked up a pretty clean 150 a couple of weeks ago and its been sitting in the corner neglected. I finished up some testing I was doing on another gun and decided to take it for a spin before it got too dark out. I did a quick zero and then shot a single 5 shot group at 30yds with it. Welp thats all it took for me to realize she deserves her own scope. The community UTG isn't good enough for this girl.

20231222_160018.jpg
20231222_160007.jpg
20231222_160330.jpg
20231222_160440.jpg

There's a lot of potential in that gun. I have a FWB 300SU with a Mueller 8-32X44 Target Dot scope mounted on a 11mm to Pic drooper rail adapter. Using JSB 7.87 pellets, I've shot into the 240s at 25 yards on a calm day. These guns are fun.
View attachment 418212
Very nice. I'm setting this one up and a D75 specifically for indoor 25m benchrest. Next mtch is in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to seeing what it can do

Picked up a pretty clean 150 a couple of weeks ago and its been sitting in the corner neglected. I finished up some testing I was doing on another gun and decided to take it for a spin before it got too dark out. I did a quick zero and then shot a single 5 shot group at 30yds with it. Welp thats all it took for me to realize she deserves her own scope. The community UTG isn't good enough for this girl.

View attachment 418055View attachment 418049View attachment 418050View attachment 418051
Agreed, I sold my two UTG's never to look back..lol. They're good scopes for what they are, but take away from the looks of a really nice rifle.
I like your shooting position, looks warm in there.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Agreed, I sold my two UTG's never to look back..lol. They're good scopes for what they are, but take away from the looks of a really nice rifle.
I like your shooting position, looks warm in there.
Ha ha. If you only knew. This picture was taken in mid-summer in Wisconsin where I currently live. Here's a similar picture taken in Florida where I used to live 4 years ago.
IMG-1575.JPG

That's a beauty! Lovely wood grain and finish and a much "sportier" shape stock than FWB 300S stocks.

I have a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR on my gun. I needed 4 inches of eye relief and had to use an extension mount to comfortably achieve it while still centering the turrets more or less between the rings. Like jps2486's gun above, my scope bell extends beyond the loading port affording extra room to load.

OP12C.jpg

DSC04566 (2) - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
That's a beauty! Lovely wood grain and finish and a much "sportier" shape stock than FWB 300S stocks.

I have a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR on my gun. I needed 4 inches of eye relief and had to use an extension mount to comfortably achieve it while still centering the turrets more or less between the rings. Like jps2486's gun above, my scope bell extends beyond the loading port affording extra room to load.

View attachment 418227

View attachment 418228
Loading was the big issue I had with that UTG. That big AO sat directly over the loading port and even my little kid hands struggled to get a pellet in there.

Reactions: r1lover
I also have a 150, what mount is that? Have you chronied the gun, if so what velocities are you getting. I am not sure what is normal for these guns, I may send it off for a rebuild anyway so it will last till I die. I got mine at a gun show, the guy wanted 250 dollars, it was mine in a heartbeat. Mine is in nice condition like yours. These are nice rifles to be sure....

I also have a 150, what mount is that? Have you chronied the gun, if so what velocities are you getting. I am not sure what is normal for these guns, I may send it off for a rebuild anyway so it will last till I die. I got mine at a gun show, the guy wanted 250 dollars, it was mine in a heartbeat. Mine is in nice condition like yours. These are nice rifles to be sure....
The mount is just your run of the mill one piece UTG mount with a some shims. Nothing special. Here are some chron numbers for you.

8.44gr:

Screenshot_20231223-111928_FX Radar.jpg

7.33gr:

Screenshot_20231223-112510_FX Radar.jpg

Same pellet just different weight or what pellets used . 75+/- fps for one grain ?
Yup. The JSB 8.44 vs the JSB 7.33gr. I only shot the 8.4s because I opened the wrong tin and didn't catch it until the 3rd shot.

If you think a 75fps difference is extreme with one grain you should see my HW80. The Baracuda 10.65s are about 70-80fps slower than the JSB 10.3s

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
The mount is just your run of the mill one piece UTG mount with a some shims. Nothing special. Here are some chron numbers for you.

8.44gr:

View attachment 418249

7.33gr:

View attachment 418250
Thanks for those numbers. Mine shoots a little slower, but but consistant. Guess I will look into boxing up the action and sending if off to Dave Slade for a rebuild.

I've wanted to scope one of mine for a while, but have yet to find a solution that I'm really happy with. The comb of a 150 stock is fairly low, and when I get the scope high enough to allow access to the loading port, I end up with a hair-of-my-chin weld instead of a proper cheek weld.
A little off topic here, I am in need of a 150 stock and screws for action. I have a 300 stock that I was going to mod to fit. To basterdize it I feel would be a shame.

I have a Daisy branded 150 with the stock peep sights. I was shooting it one day and wondered if i could shoot it better with a scope so I put a UGT bug buster on it, sighted in at 8 meters all I could get in my garage it was snowing out. Shot a NRA 25 spot target with scope at 8 meters, 25 shots later I took scope off and shot another 25 rounds with the stock peep sights at the same target. When done I had 50 shots on 25 targets 2 in each and with peeps I put almost ever pellet in same hole as scope. so im going to shoot it with the peeps from know on. If your going to shoot past 10 meters by all means scope it. here is target
img_0867-jpg.423323
IMG_0872.JPG

Reactions: TXRMike