Finally got a Rainstorm

Hey all,

12 years ago, I decided I needed a nice air gun, and ended up building a Crosman 1322 with a bunch of custom parts. I consulted the experts on Gateway to Airguns forums. At that time I became aware of PCP airguns. In particular I remember seeing posts by a user knifemaker and @Nomadic Pirate 66 about Rainstorms. I think FX was not as big at that time, and side lever guns were not as common. I though, maybe some day, I’ll get a Rainstorm.

Well, numerous PCPs that I have bought and sold since, today is that day. I got a Rainstor 5797BB21-5D97-4D66-95D8-B7CA50339ED2.jpegm in .30 cal that I purchased from @Nomadic Pirate 66. This one has been tuned by the late Will Piatt. I like the ergonomics, the balance is nice, the lever is smooth, and the trigger is very nice.

The 51 grain JSBs are supposed to arrive Wednesday. Looking forward to getting it zipping some lead over the chrono and seeing how it groups at 50 yards. It has been a while since I have played with a non regulated gun, so I am looking forward to getting geeky figuring out the power curve.

Only way I ever got my RS's to shoot slugs was to chop the choke off.
Have a Gen 1 RS .22 gonna get chopped real soon. It's getting the "Manny Mini-carbine" make-over.
:)
I had that .30 RS for awhile but traded it back to him. Boy I LOVED that RS!

On the 44gr pellets I drilled a hollow point in a few with the drill press. Talk about knock down power!
:eek:

Last edited: