• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally got a night vision scope!

I have two Pards. You can wait until one of these guys who hates them sells theirs and hopefully get a Oneleaf deal. Or you can buy a Oneleaf. I got one off a guy here used for a friend. It’s not a Pard but when he needs it, it gets the job done. The first scope we mounted it on, it was a little rough. We switched to a different scope and its optics and base power liked it. I don’t have any clue about any other clip ons.
I'm thinking a compact 2-12x44 scope would fit and function nicely in front of a clip on. It'll be getting some QD rings so I can swap back and forth. I'm sure the clip on setups dont just go on and come off without having to adjust them every time.

Reactions: Bandito
Anyone have this scope mounted on their pcp and have any luck dialing it down to acceptable clarity for close in night pesting? Or suggestions on what would be a better option? It's also cumbersome and very bulky lol.
Another vote for the Arken Zulus......unless you have really deep pockets (?? $1600 to $1900 ??) and would also like a thermal, in which case I would wait a few more months ?? until Arken releases their new TNC225R combo night vision AND thermal.

Another vote for the Arken Zulus......unless you have really deep pockets (?? $1600 to $1900 ??) and would also like a thermal, in which case I would wait a few more months ?? until Arken releases their new TNC225R combo night vision AND thermal.
Oh no my friend, my pockets aren't that deep lol. I find it crazy how much some people spend on optics for an air gun.... or airguns for that matter. I don't even own any air guns that cost 4 digits.

Thermal is out of the question.

Oh no my friend, my pockets aren't that deep lol. I find it crazy how much some people spend on optics for an air gun.... or airguns for that matter. I don't even own any air guns that cost 4 digits.

Thermal is out of the question.
My pockets are shallow too my friend!
At least we still have pockets!

It's a sightmark wraith hd 4-32x50. Thing is really meant for centerfire 200+ yard hunting. I can focus out further with it, but when I try to do any zoom at 35 yards it just gets very blurry. If I try to adjust the focus it's super sensitive at that distance and will just fuzz out.

I already pulled it off and stuck my bsa sweet 4-12x40 on it for now and immediately had a sigh of relief. I pretty much hate this wraith lol. I will just get a clip on for what I need, I just jumped on the NV scope because the price was good that I can sell it off still and not get beat up too bad in the process. If I lose anything by selling and buying a scope + clip on, I'll consider it a rental/learning fee.
There are two focus one in front the big one and a second one at the back by the eyepiece. Try adjusting both and I bet your clarity and focus improve..

I have all of the above. And I use all of the above! I have both NV007 with LRF with Eaglevision mounts which make it real easy to swap out scopes/guns. I have an NV008S-LRF as well as an Arken 5x20 LRF. I use them both. I like them all. The Arken is definitely clearer than the PARDS, but the PARDS have killed many a rat and rabbit! I would probably wait for the Arken 3x15 as I seem to use the NV/thernal for closer ranges than I do day shooting. TBH, you can't go wrong with either - or. Like @vetmex said you use the underlying scope for the clip on and that has some major benefits. The problem with any digital scope is the eye fatigue over a period of time. You don't have that as bad with a clipon. I've been out for a few hours and your scope eye gets "unfocused" relative to your non-scope eye. But then again, I am an old fart so maybe it's my eyes!

I have all of the above. And I use all of the above! I have both NV007 with LRF with Eaglevision mounts which make it real easy to swap out scopes/guns. I have an NV008S-LRF as well as an Arken 5x20 LRF. I use them both. I like them all. The Arken is definitely clearer than the PARDS, but the PARDS have killed many a rat and rabbit! I would probably wait for the Arken 3x15 as I seem to use the NV/thernal for closer ranges than I do day shooting. TBH, you can't go wrong with either - or. Like @vetmex said you use the underlying scope for the clip on and that has some major benefits. The problem with any digital scope is the eye fatigue over a period of time. You don't have that as bad with a clipon. I've been out for a few hours and your scope eye gets "unfocused" relative to your non-scope eye. But then again, I am an old fart so maybe it's my eyes!
Nope, me too. So I try to keep the night hunting short and sweet.

I sold off the giant brick known as the wraith lol. I'm going to order a compact 3-12 or so power scope and one of the megaorei NK007 with the 1080P resolution. It's a clip on, and their 4th generation model. They have a 5th gen which is a standalone scope, but im going to run the clip on and compact with QDs.

I might pick up a marcool 2-12x44 scope for the clip on. I think they're made in the same factory as Westhunter and discovery scopes. They look very similar.

Now I have to figure out when I will ever use it! 🤣

View attachment 462981

View attachment 462982

Put it on my 22 cal slug gun. Running a quiet 32 fpe with 21 grain H&N HPs.

Bought a kral dazzle stock and dropped in the NP03 bottle gun w/ 13" barrel. Figured a tactical looking gun needs a tactical looking scope. Always wanted an NV scope that records and hate all the stupid clip on setups that are out there.

Bought this in the classifieds for a great price, so why not try it out? Also records daytime which is very clear at my distances. Got to try it at night more. I went out after dark but it was raining so I didn't stay it long. Definitely messes with your vision when you pull away from the scope, having one eye lit up and the other in the dark!
I just bought the same one. They are on amazon for $329 now. Can’t wait to use it.

Got it as a Christmas present and finally got around to mounting it onto a rifle I didn't use anymore. Definite nighttime fun for back deck shooting. Added another light as I felt the one that came with it wasn't good enough. Have no issues with it at short & long range. Just had to get used to looking through a video camera and adjust the brightness as needed. Batteries don't last that long if you are using it more than an hour. I view it more as a toy but would recommend it.
1716054182306.png

1716054305885.png