• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally fell down the FX rabbit hole!!! Lol. (Update)

Been watching and waiting for a few years now...just couldn't make myself jump on that train!!! And then along comes the Maverick! 😎

Just got it yesterday and did a little shooting today in the cold and some wind but I think I'm gonna like it!

.30 cal VP model with the second reg set at about 120 bar or so from the factory...hammer spring adjustment maxed out at 868fps so I backed it down to 850 on number 7 of the power wheel...FX 44.8s shot really well and the hybrids did ok at about 830fps shooting a 5 shot group of about an inch at 50 yards! They need more speed I think..maybe play with the regs some next weekend!

The only scope I had available was a SWFA 10x42...it will work for now but plan on getting the new Helix FFP soon!!!👊

Hopefully get some groups posted over the holidays!!!

Merry Christmas to me!!! Lol.

James from Michigan 

20201220_180449.1608506963.jpg
20201220_143408.1608506963.jpg

Now you've done it, you are DOOMED! 😂

No matter how much you might like your new rifle, just make sure you don't write anything positive about it because any praise of any FX product will quickly get you the label of an FX fan boy!

So again, don't praise. Keep all positive thoughts to yourself. ONLY post if you find something negative to say! ;)

You might be onto something here.......😅

Good thing I wasn't over the moon and everything is peaches and cream with my Maverik review! Whew!😂😂😂

Great looking and awesomely specced gun. Oddly the Impact never turned my eye but the Maverick would have me taking a second look if I didn't just pull the trigger on a crown that I've been lusting over for more than a year. Congrats, enjoy, FX makes one of the best products in the industry. My first PCP years ago was an FX 500 that shot lights out, never had a single problem. Should have never sold it but moving forward 'm sure I'll be able to console myself with the Crown. 👍

Now you've done it, you are DOOMED! 😂

No matter how much you might like your new rifle, just make sure you don't write anything positive about it because any praise of any FX product will quickly get you the label of an FX fan boy!

So again, don't praise. Keep all positive thoughts to yourself. ONLY post if you find something negative to say! ;)

You might be onto something here.......😅

Good thing I wasn't over the moon and everything is peaches and cream with my Maverik review! Whew!😂😂😂

It's too late for you . . . you're already on the list and your activity is being closely monitored.

Great looking and awesomely specced gun. Oddly the Impact never turned my eye but the Maverick would have me taking a second look if I didn't just pull the trigger on a crown that I've been lusting over for more than a year. Congrats, enjoy, FX makes one of the best products in the industry. My first PCP years ago was an FX 500 that shot lights out, never had a single problem. Should have never sold it but moving forward 'm sure I'll be able to console myself with the Crown. 
1f44d.svg

I have been thinking heavily about the Mk11 crown myself...still might get one but my local dealer won't have them until February!

So I have time to be saved!!! Lol...nah think the crown will be a .25 cal!!!

James from Michigan 

They should reintroduce and bring back the unregulated FX Bobcats (with Lothar Walther barrels this time around) or a factory designed unregulated Impact specifically for long distance shooting then I would be first in line.

I had a cyclone in .22 some years ago with a LW barrel...it was a tack driver in the sweet spot of the curve....but only got about 20 shots in that sweet spot! 

I got 50 shots today with a spread of 8fps ...230 down to 125 bar....I think the regs are doing just fine! You can hear the plenum recharge after every shot. Never had a rifle that could hear it...must be something to do with the huge volume!