• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally completed - 50 yard accuracy tests/comparisons - all of my air rifles

It has taken me literally months to complete, as work and home projects abound and waiting for windows of no to little wind conditions, but this morning I finally finished the 50 yard accuracy tests/exercises shooting two 10 shot comparative groups with each rifle at a laser measured 50 yards. All groups were shot from bags/bipods with sandbags supporting the butt. I worked hard to make the environment for each group nearly identical.

For those that would like to see specific groups and rifle combinations, I have photos of the rifle and the test groups for each of the results indicated below and would be glad to post specific ones upon request. CAUTION - the groups are not totally indicative of performance. For example, the BRK Ghost test groups were largely one big hole, but then one pellet slipped outside of one group a half inch or more.

This was a fun exercise. All of the rifles were shot with the best work up I have accomplished in terms of tune and ammo choices to date. But as some of the groups indicate, there is still room for improvement.

Enjoy!

50 yard tests - concluded 09.23.23.jpg

It has taken me literally months to complete, as work and home projects abound and waiting for windows of no to little wind conditions, but this morning I finally finished the 50 yard accuracy tests/exercises shooting two 10 shot comparative groups with each rifle at a laser measured 50 yards. All groups were shot from bags/bipods with sandbags supporting the butt. I worked hard to make the environment for each group nearly identical.

For those that would like to see specific groups and rifle combinations, I have photos of the rifle and the test groups for each of the results indicated below and would be glad to post specific ones upon request. CAUTION - the groups are not totally indicative of performance. For example, the BRK Ghost test groups were largely one big hole, but then one pellet slipped outside of one group a half inch or more.

This was a fun exercise. All of the rifles were shot with the best work up I have accomplished in terms of tune and ammo choices to date. But as some of the groups indicate, there is still room for improvement.

Enjoy!

View attachment 391160
Excellent write up , thanks for sharing your experience with those airguns.

The .20 97 is hands down my most accurate springer. Tuned with a Vortek spring kit and vac seal, on the indoor 18 yard range the groups will average sun 1/4”.

Very nice project! Must have been rough duty having to shoot all those excellent rifles. Great results and I am not surprised by the HW97k having the best results. I recently acquired one after waiting over a year. Shooting in the wind today was sublime, like the wind was ignoring my pellet. Great caliber and highly recommended.

Reactions: L.Leon and bdzjlz

Enjoy!

View attachment 391160
Nice compilation

Question: Using the PCP, FX Brand rifles, did you shoot straight away, or take 'warm up' shots to rid them of the dreaded first few shots drops?
Nice work by the way.
Thanks!
Mike
I shot a few zero check shots before shooting the groups but honestly, I don’t remember any first shots with the FX rifles bring out of sync.