• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally arrived. The P-ROD.

I have 27 years invested in this marriage and after 27 years she almost has me trained lol. I talked to her again about pickingĀ up a Prod and she said to wait and see how summer goes (she works in a school and no idea if summer school is going to run this year so no idea what the summer budget will be). We had a bad winter this year as my snowblower had a bad accident and is disabled beyond duct tape repair (needs some TLC and some welding that will have to wait until warm weather) so we had to drop $800 for a new one (gonna sell the old one once it is repaired and recoup some of that money). Also have a new grand baby on the way and need to help the kids out with some remodeling work (no expense on my part, just a lot of my time and energy lol). Work OT is going to dry up in a few weeks (unless we get some reworks in which is a strong possibility), but our summer schedule looks very busy and they are talking about mandatory 1 hour a day (which means we can put in 2 hours if we wish) and mandatory 8 hours on off Fridays (we get every other Friday off normally) While not ideal it means some nice big paychecks!

Unfortunately someone saved me the trouble of buying Mr. Qball's Tom West stock already. it's no longer available

Ha, that was fast!

Who bought it?

1f601.svg

I believeĀ lwm211 did.Ā 

Unfortunately someone saved me the trouble of buying Mr. Qball's Tom West stock already. it's no longer available

Ha, that was fast!

Who bought it?

1f601.svg

I donā€™t want to publicly name the buyer but the stock was sold within the hour of postingĀ and shockingly USPS got it across the country in 2 days!!! The stars must of have aligned for the buyer. Iā€™m half tempted to orderĀ one of TWā€™sĀ sectionedĀ walnut version.......

BTW the TW stock I got was old stock, not sure of the new ones are different but the finish was a little rough or not that smooth. However all it took was a few minutes with patch of 00 steel wool and the finish was very smooth. I probably can get it to be Vernonā€™s grips smooth if I put in a bit more time.Ā 

Plano Case Prod-min.1614933233.jpg

I got the Prod as my first PCP. Really fun to shoot and tune. My barrel shoots TERRIBLE with the H&N FTT 5.53, JSB 15.89, JSB Hades, and JSB 18.13 but LOVES the H&N FTT 5.55 and JSB 14.35. CPHP shoots pretty good as well and is my go to pellet for everyday plinking and tuning.

Speaking of tuning, I'm curious what are your factory tune out of the box? My factory tune is (3) turns (cw) from full (ccw) for the hammer spring preload and (0) turns (cw) from full (ccw) for the hammer throw, which is good for 4 mags at the average of 650 fps with 14.3gr pellet. I decided on (3 3/4) turns (cw) from full (ccw) for the hammer spring preload and (0) turns for the hammer throw that gives me the average velocity of 675fps good for 3 mags.

I can reach 64 usable shots at the average velocity of 587fps with tune (0) turns (cw) from full (ccw) for the hammer spring preload and (0) turns (cw) from full (ccw) for the hammer throw. This tune is also very quiet and great for urban backyard plinking.

Looks like there're some other tunes I haven't tried yet that are posted in this thread, looking forward to give it a shot.šŸ˜

On my Prod the barrel band barely touches the top of shroud,the sides and bottom have small gaps,looks to me that the band is for the forearm to have a place to mount to have ;same thing on my Crossman target PCP.

I have a Tom West stock on a Crossman 2400KT,the forearm has a added piece to it, 30 degree angle and adds 2'' to the forearm.I got it that way,it is ugly,but really helps my hold...I going to make a good looking piece and replace that ugly plastic ...I have a long neck so I have a need to get the "gun" at a higher level for comfort and fit.