• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FINALLY, a “Quad-Fecta” with the Taipan Vet Compact....

Well, today I went to my dairy permission for one last hunt before I head back to the Netherlands on Thursday. This time I took my 25 cal Taipan Veteran Compact shooting 25.34 gr King Heavy which 735 fps = 30 ish FPE. LDC is a DonnyFL Sumo 25/30.

The day was stellar spring day, so I was thrilled to be out. Wind was between 5-10 mph. Longest shot was ranged at 58 yards on a pigeon, which is now cat food.

The photo does not represent the total count because one Eurasian dove went into the “poop lake” and other is on a roof which I couldn’t dream of reaching, so magpie food.

The sparrows again can become house cat food thus stay in the brush. Three sparrows were taken offhand at around 15ish yards. And wow when they are hit at that distance with that King Heavy they fly off the branches / weeds in this case.

Then God / Nature / the giant spaghetti monster shined down on me....I got a chance for a starling 😑 I missed one shot. Then nearly giving up hope one was stupid enough to move 5 feet left of the cows 🐄 and well, the results speak for themselves. Die Starling Die!!!! It has been a long hard journey, but finally achieved a small victory in the war on Starlings!!!

Total: 1 - Pigeon, 3 - Eurasian Doves, 5 - Sparrows and 1 - STARLING!!! 😁.

057E2ED2-DE3F-431B-8453-991AD05CC56C.1615763275.jpeg

I am down to one gun now...for now. Leshiy 2 heads out the door tomorrow, but the Taipan is the love ❤️ of my heart right now. Once someone asked which gun I wouldn’t let go, and well it looks like the Taipan.

@l.leon thanks and hopefully not for long before I am back. That 25 grain King Heavy hitting those sparrows just “blew them backwards”

That Taipan is far more capable than me too. Though for a dairy I think a 22 will eventually be a better match, which will come in the future. I wish I had a few more days and I would take my R9 TK out, but it needs a complete overhaul.

@blejda, actually I am using the stated JSB 25.34 gr King Heavy at a “medium” setting on the Taipan’s hammer spring.

Accuracy wise is good as long as I do my part but I still need to try longer ranges with the Taipan. I haven’t done much official target work past 35 / 40 yards. I need to push the 50 to 75 range. However, people have said for the Compact version of the Vet in 25 cal, past 65 yards is pushing the little gun. Yet, with the Taipan cranked up to 40 plus FPEs of energy (its Taipan stated setting) then I am sure with a good stable rest 75 yards / 70 meters is realistically do able, again if I do my part.

@johnnypdx thank you! Looking forward to such things becoming a regular event. How was your trip to Alaska?

Howdy Man. Alaska is bought and paid for and we got a rental car, phew. We go in August, without guns of any kind, bear spray so when a grizzly charges I can spray myself and not have to watch, fishing rods and a great camera we haven't bought yet.

You must still be in Idaho?