Finally a customer at QBall’s lead buffet!

It has been a long while a tree rat showed up at my back yard lead buffet but I still check my trees constantly by habit. This morning at breakfast I saw a brown movement under my bird feeder and knew I had a customer to serve. Debated for a few seconds on which gun to use but decided to stick with my trusty dream-tac compact because it’s light and mostly camouflaged for backyard operation. Grabbed it out of cabinet, set power wheel to 1 and loaded a mag with 177 hades and walk slowly around the house. It has moved up the tree presumably heard me but he decided on perfect spot to be served at the lead buffet, he was peaking out from behind a branch broad side with a big branch/backstop behind him about 25 yards and 30feet up. It was pretty twitchy but paused just long enough, squeezed the trigger and thwack!!! It stiffened up and fell to the ground with a thud, to my surprise it was all quiet after that with no death flops! It looks like a 6 month to a year old male, another foreign threat to my roof neutralized.

the pellet entered just under the eye and exited the other eye so it was blood everywhere. What a great way to start the morning serving another satisfied customer! 🤣

564EE389-F33E-4CA2-88B8-B28DC6875416.1649259482.jpeg
B7F6DCF0-38A3-4293-B299-3C664930038F.1649259483.jpeg

on a separate note been staying up late last couple of days because found another skunk digging up my yard and also a big rat on top of that but no luck last night. I’ll get them eventually!!! 

however Fred the neighborhood grey fox showed up to eat the peanut butter I had out for the skunk, loves these guys since I don’t have chickens. Guess the warm spring weather is bringing out all the creatures. 
2F6D525C-1CC4-4BDA-AF60-B06FDE017412.1649259935.jpeg