Filling with Nitrogen

I checked with my local Airgas shop and they wanted like $1,200.00 for start-up, then a yearly lease and the cost of nitrogen.

The regulator alone, which they said I had to purchase from them, was $650.00.

😮

As an option, they said they could fill my 74 cu.ft CF tank for $60.00. Needless to say I'm not using nitrogen.

☹️

Wow, big difference in price from different locations...

My shop has a NI 6k 400 cf nitrogen tank mounted/strapped to a post in the shop, we use it for leak testing. It cost $143.50 rental and $94 to fill/exchange. Have used it in the past to fill a gun. But that size tank is not portable for me, its one heavy mofo.

Industrial/welding nitro, probably the best thing to fill any pcp for its longevity and use. Nito's constant pressure regardless of temperature means more consistency when hunting/shooting in cold outside weather and filling/tuning indoors. Lack of moisture, lack of oil, and no o2 is a big plus for your guns needing less maintenance on parts/orings/seals/etc that oxidize from o2..

Nitrogen is the perfect gas for pcp imo.

Reactions: CampFussell
acs

My Nitrogen bottle sits outside exposed to the elements. I have it strapped to one of the supports of my metal carport. It's on the side that gets the most sun and I have noticed some minor pressure swings on the bottle from extremely cold to extremely hot outside. Maybe a 200 psi swing at the most?

Thanks for the heads up and sharing the costs in your area!

Fuss

Hey guys

i own an Air Conditioning and Heating business. We have an exchange system with our supply houses. To get started, you pay one time about 95 dollars for your first nitrogen bottle, then 12 dollars to fill it. When it runs low, you exchange the bottle for a full one, 12 dollars every time. Our regulators cost about 90 dollars new.

How does one go about connecting the nitrogen bottle to a pcp rifle ???

Lamplighter

That sounds too good to be true man? Wow!

How mush pressure is in the bottle you're renting? If it's 6000 psi, your set!

It's better to also get a smaller 4500 psi SCBA bottle and fill that from the nitrogen bottle. Then fill your rifle from the SCBA bottle

I got my Nitrogen fill assy from Joe Brancato.

http://www.airtanksforsale.com/

Scroll to the bottom of his page and look for this....or better yet just call him (714) 907-0067

NITROGEN HOSE ASSEMBLIES MADE IN USA! Nitrogen tanks are readily available at most welding supply shops and they are usually cheap to rent! Also, they are 6000 PSI, so you get an amazing amount of fills. If you wish to fill your Carbon Fiber tank from a large Nitrogen tank, this is it. STAINLESS STEEL tank fitting, STAINLESS STEEL Glycerin Filled Gauge that reads BAR & PSI, Highest Quality STAINLESS STEEL Bleeder with easy to turn knob and 40" x 0.070 inch ID micro-bore hose with STAINLESS STEEL strain relief at each end and STAINLESS STEEL "Foster" type quick fill = $189 + $14.50 shipped priority mail and insured.

1547916615_4705865215c4355471c5b84.39311292_IMG_1329.JPG

crgabel

Wow, you lucky Dawg. Thanks for posting man. It's great to see there are folks getting a decent deal on nitrogen. I could complain because I'm paying almost 4 times as much for a fill, but there are a few out there with companies charging way more. It's so crazy the difference in cost from state to state and city to city?

Kind regards

Fuss

lamplighter, The prices you listed are for the LARGE 6,000psi bottle or a smaller less psi bottle? Crazy good price if for the large 6,000psi and personally I would see no other good choice at that price point.

Just cause, altaros has a nice video of how to hook their booster to an external gas source.

http://altaros-compressor.com/2017/07/18/boostering-from-one-botle-to-another/

John

My bottle is a large 6000 PSI bottle, the initial cost was a bit higher but for the last 2 years pricing has been stable. I may have gotten a break as I use Robert's at work for our gas supplier.

So with that said, if you work at a manufacturing facility that does heavy welding see your purchasing person to see where they purchase gas from. Get the salesman's name and number and see what he/she can do to support your Nitrogen needs

I have (3) Raw HM1000X in .22 cal, .25 cal, and .30 cal. I shoot a lot over the summer (daily) and only fill up every 7 months

Craig