• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Filling the FX Impact X mk2

Most manometers on these air rifles are a crap shoot as far as accuracy and could be off + or - 10 to 20 bar. The ratings on most equipment has a safety buffer but personally I wouldn't risk an accident over filling them. The Leshiy has a 300bar fill rating but only adds a couple extra shots making it less efficient to fill above 250bar.

I get that FX rates the fill pressure to 250 Bar on the FX Impact MKII, and I do typically fill mine to that level or slightly higher, but the Carbon Fiber Bottle is not rated at 250 Bar as some people here would make you believe reading the comments. It is rated higher, which is shown in the picture below, and the company would not rate something to be used at its maximum pressure due to liability issues. They like most companies are very conservative, so they don’t get held responsible if something does happen. 

D23776DE-F0E8-4864-BAEB-0BCD1C9A79A2.1605828103.jpeg

I get that FX rates the fill pressure to 250 Bar on the FX Impact MKII, and I do typically fill mine to that level or slightly higher, but the Carbon Fiber Bottle is not rated at 250 Bar as some people here would make you believe reading the comments. It is rated higher, which is shown in the picture below, and the company would not rate something to be used at its maximum pressure due to liability issues. They like most companies are very conservative, so they don’t get held responsible if something does happen. 

D23776DE-F0E8-4864-BAEB-0BCD1C9A79A2.1605828103.jpeg

PW250 means a safe working pressure of 250 bar. That is the max fill you should use. You should not fill above it. PH375 is the pressure the scuba shop use to test, the bottle every 5 year or so. I do not know what PSmax means but is not working pressure, or safe pressure. Also the gun will have the same pressure in it as the bottle, so the gun itself is not designed for higher pressure. If you overfill your bottle and gun, it may in theory lead to failure. Maybe not know, but maybe 3-7 years down the road, depending on how much you use the gun. It is not something you should do.

Not to mention the internals such as the valve, springs, o rings, all of which are not designed for higher fill levels. Every time I get in these discussions with someone trying to overfill they always focus on the capabilities of the bottle and the air tube, and nothing else. I recently worked on a pcp and it was so obvious the gun was filled way above spec, as every o ring had to be replaced after I refilled the gun to 230 bar fill spec. When I pulled the o rings out not only were they flattened but all tilted to one side away from the air pressure, if you know what I mean. 

Lastly, the Huma reg wouldn’t seal up. I changed out every internal and external o ring on it, and still no go. Upon close inspection i noticed damage around the underside and rim of the reg, where it pushes down onto the spacer. 

I have a compressor at home, spare bottle and a 3L CF bottle, so I have no need to fill mine up past the 250 Bar and just stating the bottles have a higher max pressure. I do shot with a couple other Impact owners who do overfill them to 280 or so, and they have never had any issues associated with doing it, but I am NOT recommending you do it.

These small gauges and others are more accurate at mid-readings verses at max readings. I wished they went up to 400 bar for a more accurate reading., but can get hard to read with the extra noise with extra indicators squished into the same real-estate. This is the reason they have a higher range than what can be used on a particular airgun.