Filling Hammerli AP20 with Nomad 2 (no pressure after filling)

Hi, I am new to PCP and trying to fill my new Hammerli AP20 with my new Nomad 2 compressor. The issue I am having is the tank is Empty after filling. I followed the Nomad instructions of filling and then bleeding the air hose, but it appears that you are NOT supposed to bleed the air hose. I thought that it is dangerous not to bleed the hose? Since this is a pistol, do I just unscrew the tank without bleeding the line in the Nomad 2? I am afraid the tank would just shoot off or the air hose would whip/shoot off? I also read that you should "just turn the tank a few turns", then bleed the line? I'm not sure of the proper procedure and the manual does not state exactly what to do.

There was a question on Pyramyd's website about no pressure in the tank after filling and the response was "This tank function is the same for all target air guns pistols and rifles. You turn off the tank without bleeding the air line. This is standard filling procedure. You should not loose much of the fill."

Thanks.

I got in touch with the Pyramyd / Air Venturi and they said "Do not bleed the Nomad, unscrew the gun tank quickly". This goes against what the Nomad and most manuals say, but if you bleed the Nomad's air hose you let the air out of the tank. This is only for pistols where the tank unscrews from the gun. The gun comes with an attachment to the tank that has a small hole that helps slow down the air coming out of the Nomad's air hose.

I tried it at 100 bar and it worked. I will try at 200 bar and see how much air leaks out when unscrewing. It is similar to this video of filling a pistol tank with a filling tank: How to fill an air pistol cylinder with an air tank (scuba tank) - YouTube. The person does not bleed the system and just unscrews the pistol tank.

Thanks for your replies.

Hi, I am new to PCP and trying to fill my new Hammerli AP20 with my new Nomad 2 compressor. The issue I am having is the tank is Empty after filling. I followed the Nomad instructions of filling and then bleeding the air hose, but it appears that you are NOT supposed to bleed the air hose. I thought that it is dangerous not to bleed the hose? Since this is a pistol, do I just unscrew the tank without bleeding the line in the Nomad 2? I am afraid the tank would just shoot off or the air hose would whip/shoot off? I also read that you should "just turn the tank a few turns", then bleed the line? I'm not sure of the proper procedure and the manual does not state exactly what to do.

There was a question on Pyramyd's website about no pressure in the tank after filling and the response was "This tank function is the same for all target air guns pistols and rifles. You turn off the tank without bleeding the air line. This is standard filling procedure. You should not loose much of the fill."

Thanks.
This adapter will allow you to remove the tank normally-

There is no other way to fill these removable cylinders - they must be detached from a pressurized fill hose, and, yes, they will release some air, but nothing of any import. The problem I'm having with them and my Nomad II is that it will not top off the cylinders - attach a partially filled cylinder and the hose will pressure up, but then the Nomad will start the fill, but quit entirely after only a few seconds. I've only been able to fill my cylinders with the Nomad after emptying them totally and filling from scratch. Using a hand pump to top off the cylinders is always successful, if tiring. Anyone with any ideas? Some special sequence of turn on/attach/detach/ that's needed? I've seen other compressors top off these cylinders, and a tank will do it okay. Something about the Nomad that's unique?

I have not had any issues with topping off a cylinder with my Nomad II. I do have to tighten the cylinder by using a wrench to hold the adaptor while screwing on the cylinder to properly tighten all the way; otherwise, maybe you are not fully opening the valve in the cylinder.

I also had a leak and made a video and sent it to Air Venturi. They were helpful and diagnosed that a seal in my adaptor was bad and sent a replacement for free. You could try a support ticket route.