Filling a pcp using a hand pump

@Nomadic Pirate 66 How long/many pumps would it take to top up a 45min tank do you think?

I have a compressor and I'm in the gym 5 days a week but pumping sounds like a cool way to get some extra cardio in.
It depends on the fill range you want - what pressure you start at and what pressure you want to fill to. Since all of these strokes are going to be at a high pressure, assuming starting at about 3000 psi or so, it will be a lot of work - but that appears to be what you want, so here goes:

You would have to have a lot of pumps, or you would end spending more time waiting for them to cool than you would pumping. The answer will vary by pump, as they all pump a slightly different amount of air, but assuming filling from 3000 to 4500 psi, I estimate you'd need probably between 4000 and 5000 strokes or so - just a rough guess based on prior pumping experience . . . .

Reactions: allinssd
@Nomadic Pirate 66 How long/many pumps would it take to top up a 45min tank do you think?

I have a compressor and I'm in the gym 5 days a week but pumping sounds like a cool way to get some extra cardio in.
Ho Jeez I would have no idea but what Alan printed is probably a good ballpark.

That is why I would love to see a manufacturer make a rowing machine with twin big pumps with long strokes,....would be the best compromise between exercise and function for a purpose
I would buy one immediately.

Reactions: allinssd