Filling a 100 cubic inch bottle with a $300 compressor

I'd guess it comes down to duty cycle and filling volume at any pressure. Then temperature/ overheating.

Most quality manufacturer shows this in the specs

Look at a gx units specs and then do the best math . May do it in one go or you may need to dole it out over several stages to accomplish a fill over the units duty cycle rating .

Most are designed for gun tank filling not large volume " tanks" so to say ..

You never said what Chinese / $300 compressor ?

It is a Toauto A3
Says ...

The maximum inflation tank is limited to 30ci (0.5L).TIPS: The inflation duty cycle is 30 minutes of continuous work and 10 minutes of rest.

Now does that mean after "rest" run it and shove in more ..

Thing is not pressure it's the volume ..

Personally I don't see why you can't " step " up to a larger tank fill .

May take you all day of off and on running to do it , but not in one shot .

Then you got to know all them stressing run times to fill the tank just ware and tare on them china units with little or no rebuild parts ...

Thing is these compressor are ment to just fill a gun .

E mail toauto and see what they say ..

Reactions: beerthief
That is an awfully big demand for a gun only compressor . do you have a spare compressor or two ?
when filling a gun your only filling at that top pressure for say 30 seconds where as filling a tank your filling at that same high pressure for maybe several minutes or more .

Reactions: 1900colt
Now the cs3 can be staged run to fill larger they claim

"The duty cycle of the machine is 50 minutes run / 20 minutes cool. This allows for filling of larger tanks ( only suggest the max 1.5L) as long as the compressor is allowed to cool."

And $350

That newer cx cs4. Fills up to 55 cf tank (6.9 liter) . ...50 cu ft (6.95 liter) ..

Cost a bit more but you maybe got something to work with

"excellent cooling can achieve 5 hours of continuous work and can fill a maximum 6.8L gas cylinder. "
What if you're filling a 9L bottle from 240 to 311 bar?

I know you're just quoting the manufacturer, but I believe max bottle size is less relevant than duty cycle and final pressure.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
What if you're filling a 9L bottle from 240 to 311 bar?

I know you're just quoting the manufacturer, but I believe max bottle size is less relevant than duty cycle and final pressure.
I think I kinda put that out there in a post .

If not then probably .. guys just got to know theses ain't like a max air or Bauer.

Sadly these "pcp" compressor try to list themselves as a scuba tank type .lol. .

when filling a gun your only filling at that top pressure for say 30 seconds where as filling a tank your filling at that same high pressure for maybe several minutes or more .
THIS... so many don't pay attention to that fact.
Heat from 3500 to 4500 is a lot hotter then 2500 to 3500.
Hanging out in that 3500 plus range for 10 minutes on such a small compressor will kill it

Reactions: beerthief