Filling 6.8L tank with rovair compressor

As per the title, I'm trying to figure out if I can fill my 6.8L tank with my small rovair compressor.
I figured If I only ran it for 10-15 minutes with 30 minute breaks between it would be fine.
After the first 10 minutes, neither the needle on the tank gauge or the compressor gauge have moved at all.
The fill port on the tank has a micro filter built into it. Is it possible that this filter restriction is too much for my compressor to overcome and no air is getting into the tank?
I realize it's a large tank, and it will take a while to fill with this method, but I expected to see some needle movement.
Can someone help please?

Last edited:
I think I'm just going to save up and get a Coltri or Alkin. I just need to stop buying Airguns for a few months and would have the funds. lol
$5k .... ouch.
Probably worth it in the long run, but I was really hoping to spend less than half that.
I've heard of people using the cs4 to fill tanks, but I feel like it won't last long.
What do you think of the gx e5k2? I thought it might do the trick and I'll also be able to fill my gk1 all the way.

I only know of one person with the cs4 and he seems happy with it. I don't know about its big brother. I have seen a Coltri gas powered in action and that's what I want. I don't want a 110 or 220 but the gas one. I got a quote for a Coltri and it was about 3400 with delivery. I have personally had 2 small portable compressor break on me. One was a cs3 and the rovair now. If I don't get the Coltri mch I would try the cs4 personally.

Reactions: alejo
I have an CS4, solid piece of equipment. I just purchased an E5 it's three times the output capacity of the CS4. It's under two grand. You go to Amazon they're 1799 then they have the coupon for 150 bucks off. The top it off they give you free shipping. Mine was here in 3 days. Seems like a real nice piece of equipment. Haven't filled any bottles yet but man is that thing fast topping off your guns

Reactions: RIshooter
I have an CS4, solid piece of equipment. I just purchased an E5 it's three times the output capacity of the CS4. It's under two grand. You go to Amazon they're 1799 then they have the coupon for 150 bucks off. The top it off they give you free shipping. Mine was here in 3 days. Seems like a real nice piece of equipment. Haven't filled any bottles yet but man is that thing fast topping off your guns
I'd like to hear your feedback after filling a bottle with it, assuming you have one, please.
Thanks for the review. ✌️😊

I'd like to hear your feedback after filling a bottle with it, assuming you have one, please.
Thanks for the review. ✌️😊
I'll put something up on the form. This thing's literally brand new. They have that big coalescent filter in them I added a molecular sieve. Also added some other one-way valves and on and off with a bleed. That way I can keep the final filter pressurized and still disconnect and connect guns and such to it. And bleed off the air and the first outgoing line so the compressor can start easily.
17130494647866314612716242754166.jpg

I'll put something up on the form. This thing's literally brand new. They have that big coalescent filter in them I added a molecular sieve. Also added some other one-way valves and on and off with a bleed. That way I can keep the final filter pressurized and still disconnect and connect guns and such to it. And bleed off the air and the first outgoing line so the compressor can start easily.
View attachment 455280
Very cool.
Please keep us updated and thanks for sharing.
PCP guns are still fairly new territory for me so I appreciate the info. ✌️😊

View attachment 455280
Just looked at your setup again, and I realized your primary filter may be upside down?
Seems like moisture will build up in that bottom loop before it reaches the filter. You're working against gravity. Maybe I'm wrong? 🤷‍♂️

The line that comes out of the compressor is after the coalescent filter. The gold filter on the side is the molecular sieve. I may have the set up upside down, I really don't know. You can be completely correct. I set it up like I've seen other molecular filters being used. If somebody knows for sure chime in. We would all appreciate it.

I haven't used it very much since I've got it. I do know that when I crack either of the bleeds loose no moisture comes out at all. I've done a couple of guns to 300 bar. Most of the gun top offs have been to 200 bar.

Any recommendations on a compressor that will fill tanks? Preferably under $2k.
I planned on getting one eventually anyway.

Personally, I use the CS4-I due to space restrictions. But the E5K2 really pumps a LOT more air for filling bottles.

Last edited:
The line that comes out of the compressor is after the coalescent filter. The gold filter on the side is the molecular sieve. I may have the set up upside down, I really don't know. You can be completely correct. I set it up like I've seen other molecular filters being used. If somebody knows for sure chime in. We would all appreciate it.

I haven't used it very much since I've got it. I do know that when I crack either of the bleeds loose no moisture comes out at all. I've done a couple of guns to 300 bar. Most of the gun top offs have been to 200 bar.
What does the Tuxing molecular sieve owner's manual say as far as input/output? My M50 has specific direction of flow according to manual. WM
IMG_20221022_234748.jpg

M50 Manual states male foster end is input, with plastic insert loaded as pictured, desiccant encountered by incoming air first, activated charcoal just before exiting.View attachment 455346
My issue isn't with the order in which they're connected, it's the orientation of the cylinder while vertical.
The lead end from the compressor should be at the highest point, with the fill end at the lowest.

My issue isn't with the order in which they're connected, it's the orientation of the cylinder while vertical.
The lead end from the compressor should be at the highest point, with the fill end at the lowest.
Other way around, air always moves up while moisture settles low. Item to be filled always above everything, make moisture work uphill.

Reactions: Scotty1