Filling 6.8L tank with rovair compressor

Other way around, air always moves up while moisture settles low. Item to be filled always above everything, make moisture work uphill.
Exactly. The moisture comes from the compressor, through the hose, to the filter.
In your picture, the hose from the compressor goes into the filter at the bottom. Which means that the moisture never even makes it to the filter, or possibly doesn't reach it as easily?
I could just be over thinking it though, and it doesn't really matter much. 🤷‍♂️
Or, maybe your way is better because that hose loop acts like a trap and less water gets to the filter, which means less chance of any getting past the filter.
Hehe...🤦‍♂️

As per the title, I'm trying to figure out if I can fill my 6.8L tank with my small rovair compressor.
I figured If I only ran it for 10-15 minutes with 30 minute breaks between it would be fine.
After the first 10 minutes, neither the needle on the tank gauge or the compressor gauge have moved at all.
The fill port on the tank has a micro filter built into it. Is it possible that this filter restriction is too much for my compressor to overcome and no air is getting into the tank?
I realize it's a large tank, and it will take a while to fill with this method, but I expected to see some needle movement.
Can someone help please?
The cs4 can do it. And you will have a portable compressor that can be used at home or with your cars battery even. Great for filling guns or refill your bottle.

The GX-E5K2 is a heck of a machine, and it is great if you don't need portability and want a large machine that you can run in your house and it's pretty fast and very convenient.

I use both, and have filled guns directly from the 5 when at home.

Depending on your use and budget I would really look at one of those 2 options.
The GX-E5K2 is at the very bottom of the link and it's current price is a heck of a deal and there's a 10% off coupon code at the top of their website that can be used for any of their compressors.

Exactly. The moisture comes from the compressor, through the hose, to the filter.
In your picture, the hose from the compressor goes into the filter at the bottom. Which means that the moisture never even makes it to the filter, or possibly doesn't reach it as easily?
I could just be over thinking it though, and it doesn't really matter much. 🤷‍♂️
Or, maybe your way is better because that hose loop acts like a trap and less water gets to the filter, which means less chance of any getting past the filter.
Hehe...🤦‍♂️
Here's a better picture of my system. Set up three years ago, without copper-colored (orange) water coalescing filter, the small black cotton-filled filter, provided with Yong Heng, and affixed to bottom of gold M50 molecular sieve, got soaked. After installing water coalescing filter, which acts as bulk moisture remover, all clean and dry, the molecular sieve acting as "final touch" in capturing any miniscule amounts of remaining moisture. Trapping water in hose loops is not part of the program, but, as moisture prefers the lowest spot, moving air continuously up forces moisture to struggle uphill. (Moisture appreciates
IMG_20220322_203924.jpg
operators who place items to fill below everything, so easy to settle there.) The filtering system should reflect the environment compressor works in, my humid Florida garage needs this, Arizona or Alaska might be different. WM

Reactions: RIshooter
Any recommendations on a compressor that will fill tanks? Preferably under $2k.
I planned on getting one eventually anyway.
If you prefer portable over heavy but faster to fill of the E5, here's one for you:

Okay it's time to top off one of my bottles. An Omega 6.8 liter. It was at 3,400 PSI The E5 shut off at 4400 PSI the total time was 9 minutes and 14 seconds.
I almost bought one last night but decided to wait and see if there were any other suggestions for under $2k.
The e5 is around $1500 right now , which seems like a good deal.
Thanks for the update.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon