Fill probe vs foster

Money. Put a proprietary device on your product that is engineered to fail.and you make more money. Why did every cell phone need a different charger? (Heck even now there is no universal charging cord) Why does every auto use a different bolt pattern on wheel rims? Money. To be fair there are some limitations on how and where a fill port can be located. My wildfire fills on the end of the tank and uses a foster. The hatsan has the guage on the end so needs a right angle fill and a foster just wouldnt fit.

It is moving that way fast. 10 years ago a regulator was $600 and custom made. There was no "standard" jiust get air in the thing and a self seating probe of some kind was needed.

AA seems about the first to use something you could purchase at a store the "Parker" fitting, before that if you lost a probe och you were down for a while. Now WHY AA wanted to change from a foster to a propitariy fitting, well so you must spend $ on an after market foster ( $25 or less) or their special adaptor.

Basicly foster fitting are simply newer, hang in there.

John

I am working with a machinist friend on getting a device made that will have the probe that gets put into the air tube and then a clamp(similar to the tank Bipod mount for the FX guns) that goes around the air tube holding the probe in place with the foster fitting on the end so people can tether their probe guns without worry of the probe flying out.

I leave my probes in almost of the time. I bought one of the after market ones for one gun, and another that is shorter than the original, doesn't stick out as far because there is no threaded adapter. I just put a small 'rubber' cap on the end when out and about. It's a small pipe cap that fits very tightly over the connector, deep enough to slip over the 'hump'. I use those same style caps on my whips, the ones that don't have a deadhead on them.

I installed the 'U' shaped swivel pivot from FX on my Wildcat near the probe to help protect it. The Steyr just has the probe next to the barrel/moderator, so it's kind of shielded.

Easy!