• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Fill probe vs Foster quick connect

MUCH, MUCH prefer foster fittings. Feels safer to me to have a fitting that locks in place to transfer HP air vs one that just inserts into a hole! I already have too many things to keep track of without adding different probes for different guns. I've always felt standardizing fosters for ALL guns would much simplify things. All these companies that use proprietary probes for their guns are kind of screwing us IMHO. If you look back on posts here it's obvious that probes eat o-rings at a much higher rate than foster fittings too. But Hey, to each his own. What's a world without variety?

MUCH, MUCH prefer foster fittings. Feels safer to me to have a fitting that locks in place to transfer HP air vs one that just inserts into a hole! I already have too many things to keep track of without adding different probes for different guns. I've always felt standardizing fosters for ALL guns would much simplify things. All these companies that use proprietary probes for their guns are kind of screwing us IMHO. If you look back on posts here it's obvious that probes eat o-rings at a much higher rate than foster fittings too. But Hey, to each his own. What's a world without variety?

Agreed! It’s so simple, easy, secure and we don’t have to remember additional probes. Luckily, the boys and I have air guns that all use the Foster fitting. My wife has an Air Arms S510 with a different probe that we just leave in her gun bag. It’s easy too, no big deal, we just prefer having a standardized Foster fitting that’s always attached to the air hose.

Have a great week everyone!

Stoti

My preference is foster fittings. It's easier to forget or lose a fill probe vs a micro bore hose. Fill probe o-rings are much more susceptible to damage and debris getting into the tank. A while back, I brought one of my PCPs' to a family barbecue and one of the fill probe o-rings blew. I was SOL that day and had to pack it up. I now have to make sure to also bring extra o-rings and silicone grease when going on an outing.