• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fill probe containers. What do you use?

so I usually leave the hatsan blitz in the compressor and I use a screw top pellet tin to hold my umarex notos probe and 4 magazines and then the american tactical liberty nova I keep in the same place as it's magazines.. which gets me to thinking about putting it in a screw top tin with the magazines like I do the notos..
honestly I wish if they made fill probes all identical it would be nice.. or just put foster fittings on them and not use probes.

Well at home I just have a drawer dedicated to airgun stuff and a fill station setup in the spare bedroom .. I have a couple of plastic organizer boxes for probes O-rings other accessories in the drawer ... if I'm going somewhere I'll just put the probe I'm using with the gun I'm taking in the fill hose ..its not super slick, but i dont have to look for stuff ..

20240110_052219.jpg

I have these small drawstring pouches, they're about 4" square. Labeled for each gun and they'll easily hold some mags if necessary.
Plus they fit nicely in the gun case.
1704898524085.png

But, in the end, what is the attraction to fill probes? A male foster seems to make so much more sense.

Last edited:
from Menards, I use this for my probes, it sits next to the compressor and 45 min scba bottle

so I usually leave the hatsan blitz in the compressor and I use a screw top pellet tin to hold my umarex notos probe and 4 magazines and then the american tactical liberty nova I keep in the same place as it's magazines.. which gets me to thinking about putting it in a screw top tin with the magazines like I do the notos..
honestly I wish if they made fill probes all identical it would be nice.. or just put foster fittings on them and not use probes.
I so totally agree on the foster fittings. But man, you'd think the manufacturers would catch on with as many of us wanting that. The problem I'd have is I use mine for actual woods-walking, so I'd hate to have a foster fitting sticking out the bottom and then trip and gouge it in the mud. My fill probe is lightly super-glued into my Notos tho, and I screw on a tire valve cover cap to keep dirt out.

Reactions: markhooper
I have these small drawstring pouches, they're about 4" square. Labeled for each gun and they'll easily hold some mags if necessary.
Plus they fit nicely in the gun case.
View attachment 423998

But, in the end, what is the attraction to fill probes? A male foster seems to make so much more sense.
Or maybe....'shooter' bags from small bottles of Crown Royal! Hmm

Reactions: scottg0814
from Menards, I use this for my probes, it sits next to the compressor and 45 min scba bottle
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! That's exactly what I was needing. and Menard's is only 15 mins away. I knew there had to be something. Thanks Jarmstrong

• Haha
Reactions: markhooper
I so totally agree on the foster fittings. But man, you'd think the manufacturers would catch on with as many of us wanting that. The problem I'd have is I use mine for actual woods-walking, so I'd hate to have a foster fitting sticking out the bottom and then trip and gouge it in the mud. My fill probe is lightly super-glued into my Notos tho, and I screw on a tire valve cover cap to keep dirt out.
id not want to leave the probe in my notos, they either need to have a standard foster fitting with a screw on cover to keep it clean.. or if fill probes then it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get on the same page and make them all the same size..
mark