Fill pressure for the FX dreamline

Fill pressure is the maximum pressure which is 250 bars. So fill to 250 bar of course. When should you top off. That depend what you set your reg pressure to. For 25 cal its between 130 to 150 bar. Can be lower, can be higher, depend on what you want to set it. Say you set it to 130 bar. Once it falls below 130, top it back to 250 bar. 

Reactions: weehooker
Reactions: qball
If you dont have a chrony you are shooting blind. Do you drive without a speed meter? Lol. If you can afford a fx gun, I'm sure you can afford a chrony. Most chrony are under $100. Unless it's the fx pocket chrony, its $200. It will tell you what you speed is. Lower reg pressure gives lower fps. Higher pressure give higher fps. Makes sense right? My impact .25 cal if i set reg to about 130 bar i get in the 800fps with 34gr jsb. I crank up reg to 150 bar I can get it up to 900fps. So depend on what you want, low power or high power. You will need a chrony to know what speed you are shooting at. Then dial reg pressure and hammer wheel till you get desired speed.

I notice the online manual shows 230 bar as the maximum, maybe this has been updated to 250. The relationship between the maximum and the reg setting is very simple. The maximum is just that, the highest pressure recommended for the rifle. The regulator limits the pressure that is actually allowed to enter the rifle's air plenum, provided the tank/cylinder pressure is at that level or higher. You will probably notice a loss in accuracy at some point under that, depending on range, pellet, etc. So, when the cylinder pressure drops below the reg setting when filled, then it's probably time to top it off. Obviously, the reg pressure will drop when the supply side pressure is less than the reg setting when filled. Since the reg pressure can never be higher than the pressure supplying it, note the reg pressure when you fill the rifle, which will be your benchmark for refilling. And there is nothing wrong with shooting it down below that pressure, some rifles remain accurate for quite a few shots below the regulated pressure. Hope this helps, it sounds more complicated than it is. 

Thanks to Hoople, I'll get around to reading that, and Thanks to AirGunBeginner 45 for the timely posting of this thread as I too am a new owner of a Dreamline Classic .22.

Two other pcp rifles, but this being my first pcp with regulator gauge, I'm still learning the tendencies of what to pay attention to - without any internal adjusting, factory settings only for me. The highly generic manual that came with my Classic states 230BAR is suggested charge, so that's what I charge to.

When the gun delivered I noticed my regulator gauge showed 130-135 with the power setting on .25 -.30, so I assume that's where the dealer set for testing. As I shot more and more and re-charged more and more with power at .177 -.22 I noticed the regulator gauge lowered to 110 - 115 and that seems to be my setting of tank pressure to watch for before re-charging.

I get 50+ accurate shots per fill and I'm quite happy with that, and will take accuracy over fps always. I prefer to shoot 14gr @935 fps or 16gr @905fps ammo using the same aimpoint. JSB Jumbo Express and Crosman Premiers 14gr shoot nearly the same as does the JSB 15.89 and AA 16gr, the JSB 18gr shoot consistently well @865fps but at a half inch low / right point of impact. I rarely shoot past 50yds and use my guns mostly for pest control and targets. Over all I'm very happy with my FX.

Fill pressure is the maximum pressure which is 250 bars. So fill to 250 bar of course. When should you top off. That depend what you set your reg pressure to. For 25 cal its between 130 to 150 bar. Can be lower, can be higher, depend on what you want to set it. Say you set it to 130 bar. Once it falls below 130, top it back to 250 bar.

On my Dreamline, it says max fill 230 bar.

The FX Dreamline lite Compact manual does NOT state the fill pressure. They give a general figure on page one, stating “Most Dreamline models offer a standard 220 cc cylinder filled up to 230 bar...”. How very precise of them. This is a direct quote from the FX Dreamline owner’s manual.

On page 7 of that same manual, under the heading “Charging The Rifle” there is NO mention of fill pressure at all.

I wonder how hard it would be for FX to put into owner’s manuals a list of the various cylinders for the FX and the fill pressures for each? Amazing that I have to do research on my own.

AD2