Fill line assembly

Hi all,

I've mostly been using these fill lines from Huma Air.

Screenshot from 2024-04-27 22-33-45.png

These fill lines have a loose connection between the hose and the attached female fastener. So I find I have to be a little careful when attaching quick-detach heads to these lines. In the gap between the hose and the fastener there's a little teflon washer. But if I don't attach the quick-detach component "just right" it will result in a little leak when pressurized.

The problem is I don't know what "just right" is. Sometimes I get it right, but I also get it wrong often-enough to question what I'm doing.

Any advice for attaching quick-detach components to the ends of these hoses, so that they reliably don't have any leaks?

I kind of wish the ends had male fasteners, so there was nothing loose and no teflon washer was required. Does anyone recommend other hoses?

Straight threads NEVER EVER use teflon tape or any other type of sealant of any kind. Straight (parallel) threads use O rings or the teflon sealing washer or other means to seal.
If your fitting with the teflon washer seal is leaking there is a problem with the faces of the components that are being sealed. Damage to the face of the metal components or possible defect or damage to the teflon washer or perhaps it is too short.
Another possibility is that your female fitting on the hose is a straight (parallel) thread and your male fitting is a tapered thread. They are not meant to be assembled to one another. It can easily happen as the smaller fittings taper isn’t easily spotted by an untrained. AND the joining of those dissimilar thread systems can be dangerous, I’m betting it has been done often but not something to knowingly do with high pressure gasses or liquids.
There are gauges for figuring out what is what threaded fittings but unfortunately they are quite expensive. Someone experienced with those fittings and even a dial caliper and thread pitch gage can sort them out but many don’t have knowledge in that area. I’m not meaning to demean anyone, we don’t know what we don’t know. I’m a total idiot and admit it when it comes to finance and investments etc. but am smart enough to have an advisor or teacher until I do.

The hose with a swivel 1/8" swivel connection uses a compression ferrule in the fitting...
Bspp8.jpg

Depending on what is being connected, a delrin crush washer, or a bspp flare fitting will work...
Here is what I use to connect my foster socket head.
1/8" bspp male to male fitting.
Bspp7.jpg

So to secure a Foster socket, this fitting is secured to the hose swivel fitting.
Then the Foster socket head is secured by a dowety washer(bonded)
20240428_08190732.jpg

20240428_08180132.jpg

20240428_08161932.jpg

Reactions: rcs9250