• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fill from empty...HELP!

OK guys, so I'm new to PCP'S in general. I've never had to fill from empty.

This past weekend, I went to shoot my kalibrgun Colibri and it was completely empty of air. I have a small Omega 11 cubic foot fill bottle and it was at about 4100psi. I hooked it up normal and started letting air into the gun and the gun started hissing as I was told it should have until it rose above Reg. The needle barely rose off of 0.

I Opened the bottle a little bit and let what I thought was a fair amount of air coming out of the bottle into the gun... it was pretty strong coming out of the end of the barrel hole. I watched both needles on both the gun and the tank. The needle on the tank dropped to almost 3000 psi but the guns needle still barely Rose above zero and as soon as I closed the bottle, the gun immediately dumped out the tiny bit of air the cylinder did have in it.

What am I doing wrong? Should I open up the tank all the way and also does this little tank have enough volume to get my guns cylinder back above Reg? If not, outside of getting a bigger fill bottle, what are my options for getting the gun back above Reg?

Thanks for any advice or help!

Your valve is stuck open from air pressure being to low this happens sometimes when you let a gun go below reg pressure setting or when the gun is completely empty of air. Try cocking the gun and filling it or open the carbon fiber tank valve all the way to allow a strong blast of air to rush into your gun hopefully pushing your valve closed back into the correct position. I've had this happen on a gun of mine before it's common.

Reactions: SteveV
I bought a new BeeMan under lever tried to put air in. It won’t take air. What do I need to do?
you can try to cock it and place the safety on and try to fill it, if that dont work you will have
to shock fill it with a bottle (a quick blast of air to seat the valve) something a hand pump or small compressor cant do.

Two common reasons a gun will not cock is the sear adjustment is set too light or the yokes which connect the airtube and barrel are mispositioned resulting in the trigger rod not being in the right position. The latter happens on bullpups. I think that is what the beeman underlever is. If it will not cock I would loosen the screws that clamp things together and try repositioning those yokes a little along the air tube and barrel. It could need to go either direction, you may have to experiment to get it right. Once you know where it goes, you should take a measurement and write it down so you will know next time.