Fight against the strong

today i was hunting (torcazas cabesiblancas) a black pigeon whit a white head whit a 500 fps 7 joules air rifle, my two partner are using a GAMO 1250 fps whit JSB pellets one and a 12 gauge shotgun the other...after four hours of hunting i leave the forest whit 16 pigeons, the 12 gauge friend take 6 pigeons and the gamo friend only 3 pigeons...i was shooting well beyond 35 yards aiming 3 inches above de head and the pellets hit the most of the pigeons in the upper chest going through cleanly. the gamo friend shoot above 30 pellets and almost dont hit nothing and the 12 gauge friend only shoot the six shells, he said i can come closer enogh..lol

Most of the old salts here would tell you that any Gamo rated at 1250, is producing velocities far below that magical number, especially with lead pellets.

But yes, stealth and accuracy matters the most; you did rather well in those areas.

of course, de velocities of gamo air rifles are tested whit lead free pellets I think my friend rifle was shooting around 800-900 fps whit 8.4 grains jsb. anyway is far beyond my 540 fps rifle whit 7.9 grains crosman hp. flatter trayectory and more energy + poor accuracy and cero stealth = few pigeons...