• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Events Field Target Tournament, Marlboro MASS

THE MARLBORO AIRGUNNERS FIELD TARGET TOURNAMENT
Sunday, May 19, weather permitting
This is a challenging open field course.
15 lanes, 30 targets, 60 possible points.

www.marlboroairgunners.org
1 Muddy Lane, Marlboro Massachusetts

● Tournament Registration and sight-in 9 am.
● Tournament Fee is $25 non-members, $20 members of MaGs or MFG.
● Sight-in range open from 9 - 10:00am.
All guns will be chronographed at sight-in and must be 20fpe maximun.
● Safety meeting at 10 am. Tournament begins immediately following.
● Free hot dogs and refreshments will be available after the match.

Awards will be given for
☆Hunter PCP - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places
☆Hunter Piston - 1st and 2nd Places
☆WFTF PCP - 1st Place
☆WFTF Piston - 1st Place

rs=w_1280 (2y).jpeg

What a great shoot, for some. ;)
Well organized and well run as seems the norm int the N.E. League.

What really stood out on the course were two details.
First , strings were held to the lane markers by captive hooks.
Secondly, timers at each lane similarly held by zip ties on captive hooks .

Simple details that made the shooting less stressful.
Well done guys.

Hello everybody 😊

So yesterday I attended my first Field Target event (just a spectator) and despite the cool misty rain, and variable/swirling breeze, the camaraderie and hospitality were warm and inviting.

I would like to extend a special thank you to Geoffrey and Dave for organizing the event as well as for having a club so close to my home (lucky for me). Also, thank you to Leo for the introduction and warm welcome to the club. I believe John (perhaps others?) is the resident artist and painted some beautiful targets… a shame they get marked up from pellet strikes (an incentive to only hit the impact/kill zone).

There were out of state participants from New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Maine. Competition was strong and I was impressed by “sharpshooter” Karen who had the high score of the day… not a surprise as I don’t think I saw her miss a shot while I watching each of the competitor pairs shoot.

Thank you for the welcoming comradery, playful banter, air gun topics, heated discussions about Excel spreadsheets and calculations… just to name a few things.

Reactions: beerthief
Hello everybody 😊

So yesterday I attended my first Field Target event (just a spectator) and despite the cool misty rain, and variable/swirling breeze, the camaraderie and hospitality were warm and inviting.

I would like to extend a special thank you to Geoffrey and Dave for organizing the event as well as for having a club so close to my home (lucky for me). Also, thank you to Leo for the introduction and warm welcome to the club. I believe John (perhaps others?) is the resident artist and painted some beautiful targets… a shame they get marked up from pellet strikes (an incentive to only hit the impact/kill zone).

There were out of state participants from New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Maine. Competition was strong and I was impressed by “sharpshooter” Karen who had the high score of the day… not a surprise as I don’t think I saw her miss a shot while I watching each of the competitor pairs shoot.

Thank you for the welcoming comradery, playful banter, air gun topics, heated discussions about Excel spreadsheets and calculations… just to name a few things.
Glad you had a great time . Exciting isn't it ! bet you got home and could not wait to shoot whatever, imagining it was a FT target .

Glad you enjoyed watching the match. Now all you need to do is to tune your Wildcat down to 20fpe and shoot Hunter class. Or, just dive in and get a dedicated .177 FT rig. That would be the more fun option!!

Hope to see you at another match.

Chas
I did find single shot trays on eBay... so the other detail to address as I get prepared.