• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Field target missouri

Working with a few Local Airgunners to get a field target course setup on private land near Springfield,MO.

Send me a private message if you are interested in a spring meetup and shoot.

Thanks,

Ozark
Hi Casey…. I live near Springfield also and would be interested in participating in a FT or an Airgun Club if you have one started.
Count me in, I’m interested.

Hello guys, it's been a while since I have posted on this forum. I'm the guy that runs the Ft. Osage Benchrest Matches this is South-East of Kansas City and we shoot the first Saturday of the month weather permitting. Several years ago, I posted about trying to get some Field Target shooting at our range but that never happened.

A year ago, or so myself and a couple other people bought a 1/10 scale silhouette swingers to try to get some extreme silhouette matches going but that didn't pan out either. Most of our shooters are die hard benchrest guys.

Recently a friend sent me a You Tube link - S & C TV Gary Chillingworth - Alive and Sticking, this is about a bunch of older shooters using tri-pods shooting HFT. I'm thinking about getting out silhouette swingers out shake the dust off them and try to get a group of guys that might want to try shooting off the sticks at the silhouette swingers. It will not be Field targets as our little bunch will never be able to afford a full set of proper targets. It would be more of a hybrid game of silhouette swingers and shooting from tri-pods.

Anybody interested let me know.

Hello guys, it's been a while since I have posted on this forum. I'm the guy that runs the Ft. Osage Benchrest Matches this is South-East of Kansas City and we shoot the first Saturday of the month weather permitting. Several years ago, I posted about trying to get some Field Target shooting at our range but that never happened.

A year ago, or so myself and a couple other people bought a 1/10 scale silhouette swingers to try to get some extreme silhouette matches going but that didn't pan out either. Most of our shooters are die hard benchrest guys.

Recently a friend sent me a You Tube link - S & C TV Gary Chillingworth - Alive and Sticking, this is about a bunch of older shooters using tri-pods shooting HFT. I'm thinking about getting out silhouette swingers out shake the dust off them and try to get a group of guys that might want to try shooting off the sticks at the silhouette swingers. It will not be Field targets as our little bunch will never be able to afford a full set of proper targets. It would be more of a hybrid game of silhouette swingers and shooting from tri-pods.

Anybody interested let me know.
I might be interested in trying that, let me know some more details.

Thanks for your reply! I talked to a couple of our members last night and both were enthusiastic about the idea, so that's a good thing! This will probably be a hodge-podge mix of rules to try to keep it simple and as straight forward as possible, I hope. We do have four sets of swingers 1/10 scale and might come up with another set as I would like to make it a 40 round score card.

We might have a shooter meeting one of these weekends when the weather is cooperating to discuss rules and set at a couple of sets of swingers and have a go at it for fun and grins and see how this might work out. Right of the bat we are looking at two classes pellet and slug, .30 max with an 80-foot pound limit. 16X max scope power no adjusting on the scope after the match starts. We do have plenty of range for guys to sight in their rifles if they so choose. More to come! I'm thinking of naming this new game "STICKING SILHOUETTES".

If I can get a date set anyone in the area that might want to come and visit and discuss rules and try their hand at shooting this new game are very welcome.

RB

It's on we will have a try and see day Saturday 12-23-23 around noon or so. We plan on setting some swingers, these are 1/10 scale NRA Silhouette chicken, pig, turkey, and ram. Ranges 40 yards to 80 yards more or less shooting from tripods, bipods, or sticks. Gun cannot be attached to the sticks, and all shot from the standing position.

The range is located at FOML RANGE, 1637 NW 550th, Kingsville, MO if you google Mid West Air Gunners there is a map on that web page that shows where we are located.

This is a short notice but it is late December and trying to pick a day where several of our members can get together between the rain and cold and wind is difficult.