• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FIELD TARGET at PHA Linwood NC (video)

Phil,

Nice vid but really!, does the top AAFTA guy have to start the video showing an illegal target? Just sayin'. Full disclosure though. We too have used illegal targets on our course but always let everyone know at the shooters meeting and give them the option to eliminate the target in question.

Also, I appreciate seeing the course and targets more than shooters sitting and shooting.

Seriously though, thanks for all your work promoting FT.

Rick B.

FTRPA

Phil,

Nice vid but really!, does the top AAFTA guy have to start the video showing an illegal target? Just sayin'. Full disclosure though. We too have used illegal targets on our course but always let everyone know at the shooters meeting and give them the option to eliminate the target in question.

Also, I appreciate seeing the course and targets more than shooters sitting and shooting.

Seriously though, thanks for all your work promoting FT.

Rick B.

FTRPA

Well, my videos are not perfect for sure, but maybe they will help in some small way to promote our sport! Point taken.
The intent is to grow interest with someone who has never shot FT and give them a glimpse of what it is like. I encourage everyone to make more short videos, and post photos to social media to help gain exposure. Tag #airgunfieldtarget on Instagram and @aafta on fb. 
Thanks!

Phil,

Thanks for being gracious and not getting your "fur up". The kill zone rule is one of our more foolish rules. I wish I had the skill and the time to do videos at our matches. Running and shooting takes up all my time on match day. I and my associates really try to promote our sport and I really appreciate it when others do the same.

We try to run the best club level FT matches anywhere however we are not perfect either. We don't usually have pictures or videos, nor do we have food at our matches. The time and manpower are just not there. We love it when Hector shows up because he does a wonderful show and tell of our match.

We try to create interest every chance we get but lots of guys in our club don't even want to touch airguns, very strange!

Rick B. FTRPA

Hi

I live in Hickory NC where is Linwood NC and how many matches do you hold there and when do they start?

Do you have to have a FT rifle with all the butt plates and knee rest in order to shoot. I have a Daystate with a hunter stock is there a class for that.

Thanks

Tom [email protected]

Hello Tom!
Linwood is right outside of Lexington- between Lexington and Spencer NC. 
There is a Field Target match at this location -PHA every 4th Saturday. 
There are also other FT matches on all but the first Saturday of the month at other locations in NC each month. One in Pleasant Hill NC, Burlington NC and Linwood NC. You can stay up to date with FT events in NC by joining the Tar Heel Air Gun Club facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TarHeelAirgunClub

There are different classes with slightly different equipment rules. I shoot Hunter class where butt hooks are not allowed. You can shoot all but the forced positions sitting on a bucket or whatever you want as long as it does not have a back or arm rests. In this class shooting sticks are allowed. You can read more about AAFTA Field Target rules for each class at aafta.org. Here is a direct link to the current rules: http://www.aafta.org/uploads/1/2/7/6/127666620/2022_aafta_official_field_target_rules__sept30_.pdf

Here's a beginners guide to hunter field target: https://youtu.be/zeukgyx8oK0

Let me know if there is any other info you need! Would love to see you at a match soon!

-DeadEye
Philip Hepler