Field review New Brocock XR .25

Hey Dana I am just curious about what you believe is the best airguns in budget, mid range and finnaly high end for your style of hunting. I ask because you have shot so many different guns and your style of hunting jack rabbits and small game is similar to my approach. I love your channel brother. I especially liked the one you did on the hatsan sortie. Mainly because it looks like a starship troopers pistol or something. Anyway my list would be Gamo urban for budget, marauder or condor for mid range and I have no idea on top end because I've never owned one. Drooling for an edgun though. Thanks buddy

Is there a good forum post or video that talks about this misalignment issue with the Brocock magazines? I'd like to compare my 2 magazines to what others have seen

I doubt you’ll find a video, maybe a few posts by some who have issues. It is not an issue across the Brocock lineup. My three magazines across two PCPs work just fine, I got lucky?

Hey Dana I am just curious about what you believe is the best airguns in budget, mid range and finnaly high end for your style of hunting. I ask because you have shot so many different guns and your style of hunting jack rabbits and small game is similar to my approach. I love your channel brother. I especially liked the one you did on the hatsan sortie. Mainly because it looks like a starship troopers pistol or something. Anyway my list would be Gamo urban for budget, marauder or condor for mid range and I have no idea on top end because I've never owned one. Drooling for an edgun though. Thanks buddy

Thank you my friend, appreciate the support and kind words. Lots of new entry level guns on the market now, I have been working with one from a new manufacturer that's proven to shoot well. Hope to share that soon, pretty sweet for around $300. I know Air Venturi has the Avenger that looks to be promising and has some cool features on the budget. The problem is people expect so much out of a $300+ dollar gun and complain when the performance doesn't meet standards you may find on a $2000+ dollar gun. lol I really think a person can't go wrong with something like a Marauder, simple, amazing trigger and built fairly well with plenty of aftermarket support. As far as mid level it's more of the same, so many guns are performing well at the same price I think we really need to focus on aspects such as durability and the quality of components such as trigger, barrel, cocking levers etc, What I do see is a ton of floppy barrel guns that I for one refuse to work with, a total waste of time and money. Or buy a gun and find out that you need all this other add on crap to make it shoot right, no thanks! It's really difficult to point to any particular gun, each has it's own positives and negatives.

Dana, as always great in the field videos. The accuracy at 100 yards was outstanding to me.

@intenseaty22, Why? Weren’t Dana’s groups awesome enough? They were all shot with the magazine. So why the gripe? The magazine “thing” with the Brococks is just that, a “thing” some experience. Did you not see the video and the accuracy of the gun with said magazine in place? Some are intent are making the magazine a common accuracy issue. There is another video review of the XR Concept Lite where the reviewer is casually grouping at 50 yards and busting mints at 100 yards. All shots with the crappy magazine. Brococks are awesome and many many more shooters are finding that out.

Yeah, the "thing" is, if you get a Brocock that has a bad mag/breech like mine, you will no way never get groups like that. I use a CARM magazine with mine and it groups great.

Dana, as always great in the field videos. The accuracy at 100 yards was outstanding to me.

@intenseaty22, Why? Weren’t Dana’s groups awesome enough? They were all shot with the magazine. So why the gripe? The magazine “thing” with the Brococks is just that, a “thing” some experience. Did you not see the video and the accuracy of the gun with said magazine in place? Some are intent are making the magazine a common accuracy issue. There is another video review of the XR Concept Lite where the reviewer is casually grouping at 50 yards and busting mints at 100 yards. All shots with the crappy magazine. Brococks are awesome and many many more shooters are finding that out.

Yeah, the "thing" is, if you get a Brocock that has a bad mag/breech like mine, you will no way never get groups like that. I use a CARM magazine with mine and it groups great.

Bad magazine and breach sounds like a warranty issue. So just switching to a CARM magazine resolved your breach issue?

Bad magazine and breach sounds like a warranty issue. So just switching to a CARM magazine resolved your breach issue?

I bought it second hand, so no warranty. The CARM magazine makes the gun usable. I tried smoothing off the sharp angled area in the magazine where the pellet exits the rotor, but that didn't help. I have not touched the breech entry. I wanted to understand what the problem is before I touched that. I haven't spent the time to fully investigate what is going wrong as the magazine change has solved the issue for me.