• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fiber Optic Sights for 1980's Beeman R1

Thanks ScottBlair, I checked out the front sight you suggested .. looks like a great candidate. Your post rang a bell with me, my old eyes things are blurry even with glasses, I've had a nice scope on for years, but it's too heavy now, hard to keep from moving around except on bench, pushed enough pellets thru the same hole in paper, now want to take grandsons out stump shooting and teach, I need something to quickly get on target that's light .. I have the Williams style peep sight made by Beeman so it should work ... thanks for your recommendation, it is appreciated!

Thanks mj103, I found the rear sights you mentioned on the pyramid site. Looks interesting. Going to check with their customer service and see if they will fit my Beeman R1, If these rear sights work and the truglo globe FO front sight sottblair suggested work ... that will be exactly what I was interested in. I would like to thank all of you who responded with a suggestion, it's nice to know people will take the time to help someone. THANKS!

true glow or something like you are looking for is what makes the Parris and Terrus popular for most at the beginning.

The sights are right in those Walther model break barrels, but they are not stabilized to stay once adjusted. They were loose and cranky loose loose loose until you had it right and then because they were not micrometer sights in HW those True Glow sights that are amazing failed all rifles from Walther I had earlier to compare to HWs and their sight system--which STAYS IN PLACE when you make ONE click any direction.

So my idea is putting fiber optic sights in ANY rifle is GOOD as long as the sight system was stabilized to do Elevation and Windage to the mark with each "click". In HW THAT click happens with permanence and precision.

What you have endeavored for you 1980 R1 is the way I'd go with open sights.

Of course your R1 can take a scope and a Diana Zero Recoil Mount/Rings and shoot more accurately than iron or open sights even if the open sights are truly advanced into fiber tech which is here now!

Thank you for sharing this and I have a mission to put my HW35Es (.177, .177, .22) into fiber optic sights since I realized the limits of my own eyes at 25 yards. These "E's" from HW are incredibly accurate but when I add a scope mounts rings etc it becomes more of a burden to shoot. The HW35E is already over 8 pounds in Walnut and Locking barrel.

Hi Fischer, thanks for your response, I found it very informative and helpful to know that the HW rear fiber optic sights keep their Zero and other brands don't. My R1 weighs 11 pounds with the scope and sling so I understand the weight issue. The HW35Es are beautiful, well made and accurate. I am looking forward to trying the fiber optic sights, once I do I'll make a post with the results.

Hello mj102 ... What rear aperture do you use on your Williams peep sight with your fiber optic front sight? I have both a target peep, very small hole, and one that looks like a ghost ring with a much large aperture. I was wondering if you have any experience with the Williams twilight aperture, it has a larger hole and bright brass around it, to add contrast in low light shooting. Any suggestions on aperture size would be very helpful ... Thanks