FFP Scope with larger reticle at low magnification?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a FFP scope that has a "usable" reticle at low magnification?

I currently have a SFP 2.5-15 scope and most of the time i'm shooting between 15-35 yards so I have the magnification down to 2.5x but sometimes up to 10x. My PCP is limited to 495 FPS so while more powerful PCP's/PB's would not need to worry about hold over/under at lower magnifications/closer range, it's definitely important to me. Most of my shooting is pesting so I like to hold over/under as it's quicker than dialing clicks.

This is the reticle i'm currently using and really like it.

View attachment 268996

As most of you know, there are "challenges" with using the reticle and hold over/under points while changing magnifications so I would like to alleviate that by moving to a FFP scope. The issue i'm running into is most of the reticles at 2.5-3.5x don't look usable.

Does anyone know of any outlier scopes that have usable reticles at lower magnifications? Budget would be up to $1,200.

Thanks!
I just got an Athlon Talos 4-14 FFP with a Christmas tree reticle and with my old eyes I cannot use the reticle for hold overs much below 10 power. By using the reticle, I mean easily splitting the .2 mil hash marks to hold over in increments of .1 mil. But then if I'm shooting far enough to need to use the reticle for holdovers, I'm going to be on the upper end of magnification anyway and easily see and use the hash marks to use holdovers in increments of .1 mil. My application is tree rats. BTW that scope is on close out, old model, for $200 at Midwayusa today. Lot of scope for the money.

Last edited: