FFP Scope question

I am looking for a FFP scope for my Taipan Veteran. I have been using Hawke Vantage 4x12 scopes on the Veteran and Wildcat and have been happy with them but would like to try FFP. All the FFP scopes that people seem to recommend (such as the Athlon) use the exposed adjustable turrets. I prefer the capped turrets and using the mildots for holdovers. I use the guns mainly for hunting. Any advice will be appreciated.

I'm trying to find a new FFP myself. Just being FFP limits the field, and most of the current FFP scopes are "Tactical" which means exposed turrets. In my searching, haven't found one with capped turrets yet. Good luck on the quest! wish I could help.

What magnification are you looking for? Quick search on Optics Planet showed a couple possibilities, but some were in the 1-6 range, like the Atibal, but I have no idea how good it is.

I just picked up an SWFA SS 3-15x42 FFP. Non capped turrets ... but .....
The mil-quad reticle is cool and should be perfect for holdovers.
561aa846ca5f68857d46a08a819b14f8.jpg

Gonna test it out tomorrow. This is my 1st FFP. Hopefully, it’s a winner!

I have used exposed tactical type turrets for years hunting. Never had them move while in pursuit of game. You would have to really put your gun through some severe abuse IMO to make any turret move without it being a finger to do it. I have used the lockable type and the non-lockable exposed turret with no issue. I think just going to a FFP scope in general will amaze you if you shoot various yardages and powers. Just yesterday my buddy using my Hawke 10-50 I sold him last week noticed the issues with large zoom power and a SFP scope. His mil dot hold changes with every magnification change. Not an issue with FFP, now I just zoom in and out and use the same holdover for the range I'm shooting. This time of year I'm shooting from 10 yards to 100 yards during a shooting/pesting day. I wouldn't pass up a good FFP scope because of the turrets being non-capped. Just my 2 cents from using them for hunting.