• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FFP/Athlon Helos G2 2-12x42 is in hand!

@steve123

I received mine about a couple months ago and I'm really enjoying it. I have it mounted to my first PCP that I purchased and I've fallen in love with the gun all over again. A good scope will do that. What I like is the thicker reticle and low magnification makes it great to use with my PARD NV007 for night time ratting. The turrets are really good as well. Solid clicks and they are almost on the same level as my Athlon Cronus BTR G2. Optical clarity is great too. I would definitely buy another one.

20210709_191552.1625950123.jpg

@steve123

I received mine about a couple months ago and I'm really enjoying it. I have it mounted to my first PCP that I purchased and I've fallen in love with the gun all over again. A good scope will do that. What I like is the thicker reticle and low magnification makes it great to use with my PARD NV007 for night time ratting. The turrets are really good as well. Solid clicks and they are almost on the same level as my Athlon Cronus BTR G2. Optical clarity is great too. I would definitely buy another one.

20210709_191552.1625950123.jpg

That's great to know especially with the kind of scopes you have that you'd get another! 

Thanks Dillon. I personally feel that choosing a scope to match the gun and its purpose go hand in hand. The Brocock Contour S6 Elite that I have it mounted on is only a 16 ft.lb. gun. The gun is lightweight and short which makes it fast to handle. I use the gun mainly for rats and other small pest under 40 yards. The Helos 2-12 is a fast optic to get behind considering it's FFP, especially at the lower magnification levels. 

Another thing to add in regards to the turrets, the feel of the clicks for windage adjustments is on the same level as the elevation turrets. It might not matter to some because most hold for windage including myself. Although, on a lot of scopes, the clicks on the windage turret are usually more mushy and are not as audible or on the same level when compared to the clicks on the elevation turret. Just something that I thought was worth mentioning. 

Yeah I agree on matching scope to gun. Hence why for my Shorty I'm going with one of these. I plan on using it for rats and birds in our barns at 12fpe and then 20-80yds on pigeons and doves maybe squirrels. It sure looks great on your Brocock!

I do like the look of the reticle with that fast circle of death type center. I'm also a fan of shooting on lower magnification for finding pests faster due to larger field of view. And on a strictly pesting gun I think the center dot will be quite nice.

This will be my 5th Athlon and besides my first Gen1 Argos BTR years ago when they first came out which were mushy, the turrets have been extremely good on all from Ares ETR UHD to Argos BTR Gen2.

Just saw it at www.huntslongrange.com for $500.

It says it's in stock.

Matthias

I would recommend anyone looking for one of these to CALL Doug at Camerland before buying one of these online elsewhere. Athlon has a MAP pricing policy so there could be an unadvertised sale he has going that you wouldn’t know about unless you spoke to them over the phone. They do run these on their website on sale from time to time but are limited by Athlon on how often this can be done. I spoke to him last week and will be calling back to order one when they get back in stock if that tells you anything...

I would recommend anyone looking for one of these to CALL Doug at Camerland before buying one of these online elsewhere. Athlon has a MAP pricing policy so there could be an unadvertised sale he has going that you wouldn’t know about unless you spoke to them over the phone. They do run these on their website on sale from time to time but are limited by Athlon on how often this can be done. I spoke to him last week and will be calling back to order one when they get back in stock if that tells you anything...

Agreed. However MK Machining does a similar deal with you get a Pro series throw level and Low Pro aluminum bubble level with scopes bought from them which is about a $90 value. And I got it on there Father's day sale at 10% off. So for $460 I got the scope and $90 worth of extras which I would have bought anyways. If you don't use bubble levels then it's likely not worth it. But if you do definitely worth getting it from MK Machining. But having used his bubble levels and scope caps that's the only ones I'll buy anymore as there superior to others. Plus you can get scope rings at 25% off when purchased with a scope at MK Machining also.

But yes if you don't need any extras, Doug at Cameraland is the guy to talk to.

BTW not affiliated with MK Machining at all just love there scope accessories. Great customer service also!

Agreed. However MK Machining does a similar deal with you get a Pro series throw level and Low Pro aluminum bubble level with scopes bought from them which is about a $90 value. And I got it on there Father's day sale at 10% off. So for $460 I got the scope and $90 worth of extras which I would have bought anyways. If you don't use bubble levels then it's likely not worth it. But if you do definitely worth getting it from MK Machining. But having used his bubble levels and scope caps that's the only ones I'll buy anymore as there superior to others. Plus you can get scope rings at 25% off when purchased with a scope at MK Machining also.

But yes if you don't need any extras, Doug at Cameraland is the guy to talk to.

BTW not affiliated with MK Machining at all just love there scope accessories. Great customer service also!

Thanks for the information. I haven’t bought from them before and I just saw the $499 advertised price. With the discount and freebies that’s a good deal. A little more than Cameraland but the the free stuff makes up for it. I might send him a message on the hide and see if I can get a similar deal. 

Cannonball and Diaryboy,

Thanks a lot for the insider information.

Very helpful!

I'll include that with my Scope Specs Tables.

What other methods and companies are out there to beat the sometimes a little inflated MAP prices?

Matthias

Some websites will show the discount after you add to the cart, (Liberty Optics and several more) others you need to call in or go to the store in person. Everyone does different things so it would be difficult to list them all

Yeah fits just right on the Shorty!

Lol no sunshade on this one. They don't make one for it
1f602.svg
but actually a sunshade would be way too long for this gun I'll admit.

How are the turrets?

Turrets are very nice. Tracks as it should, no noticable play in the turrets at all. Big fan of the locking turrets on both as well.

That’s what I wanted to hear. I’m ordering one as soon as Camerland or MK Machining get them in.