• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FFH device?

I put a FFH device for Steve in NC in my Maximus. It went from no sweet spot to 40 good shots. Now it has good accuracy with the H&N FTT 8.4 pellets. Also did a three screw mod (only the back 2 made a difference), polished the trigger, shortened the bolt (made it easier to load with my big fingers, but be careful not to take off to much) and recrowned the barrel.

The FFH (free flight hammer), SSG (?)and TSS (twin spring system) are all hammer debounce devices. Their purpose is to prevent the hammer from impacting the valve stem more than once which wastes air. They are said to increase shot count and decrease velocity variations. I haven't tried one myself yet, but I have a .25 Marauder that I'd love to tune for more shots per fill, so I'll probably be giving one a try. 
Here's a video which might help you understand better.
http://hammer debounce devices

I put a FFH device for Steve in NC in my Maximus. It went from no sweet spot to 40 good shots. Now it has good accuracy with the H&N FTT 8.4 pellets. Also did a three screw mod (only the back 2 made a difference), polished the trigger, shortened the bolt (made it easier to load with my big fingers, but be careful not to take off to much) and recrowned the barrel.

Who is Steve in NC and how do I get in touch with him? I have a .22 Maximus as well and I would like to purchase this FFH device. Thanks!