• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ferrari has arrived šŸ‡®šŸ‡¹

Itā€™sĀ finally here. Been shooting pcp for about 4 years now. Started off with a small AV tank then upsized to their 97cf. Was filling at the dive shop for 8$ per fill to 4500psi for the first 2 years. Then seen the nomad 2 and thought it was gonna be something reliable and affordable but thatĀ didnā€™t last for 7months. Went back to the dive shop for filling after. Was looking into getting the daystate 110v but decided to go this route. Just received it about an hour ago šŸ˜Ž

1589481694_20646041095ebd90de894d64.94769086.jpeg

It seems that the base MCH-6 may be a better deal than the Daystate 110.

I found that a stripped down MCH-6 from Nuvair (no additional options), with the filter missing from the Daystate 110, is not much more that the Daystate when you consider the cost of the missing filter ($400).

The Nuvair rep said the filter was not optional, and that it was not a good idea to fill any tank without it.

Also, the MCH-6 is 4 stage while the MCH3/Daystate 110 is 3 stage.Ā 

It seems that the base MCH-6 may be a better deal than the Daystate 110.

I found that a stripped down MCH-6 from Nuvair (no additional options), with the filter missing from the Daystate 110, is not much more that the Daystate when you consider the cost of the missing filter ($400).

The Nuvair rep said the filter was not optional, and that it was not a good idea to fill any tank without it.

Also, the MCH-6 is 4 stage while the MCH3/Daystate 110 is 3 stage.

Not necessarily a better deal, just 2Ā compressors at different price points built for different purposes. The Daystate LC-110 is sold for $1,995 by AoA whereasĀ anĀ MCH-6 is $2995 atĀ ColtriĀ dealers. I chose anĀ LC-110 for the followingĀ reasons.Ā The LC-110 can plug into a householdĀ 110 volt outlet whereas the MCH-6 requires a dedicated 220 V outlet, typically atĀ additional cost to the user. I prefer the automatic 4500 psi shutoffĀ built into the LC-110 rather than a pop off valve on an MCH-6Ā thatĀ allows the compressor to run until it is manually turned off. A perfectly satisfactory filter housingĀ setup can be added to the LC-110 including a one way check valve for less than $100 bringing the total cost toĀ $2100 for 100% dry air. Airguns don't require this additional filtration but I posted a thread with all of the fittings and housingĀ illustrated in an old thread on this forum.Ā https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/the-daystate-lc110-compressor-report/page/4/#post-403611 The LC-110 hasĀ lower rpms, a lower running temperature,Ā and fills at 1/3 the rate of the MCH-6. Less heat means less parts stressĀ and lessĀ tank heat upĀ during a fill. Faster fills coolĀ downĀ and the tank thenĀ loses pressure from theĀ hot fill. The LC-110 is a very quiet running compressor at 78 db vs.90 db forĀ the MCH-6. Twelve decibels means the MCH-6 is noticeablyĀ louder. Each 6 decibel increaseĀ doubles the sound level. The MCH-6 has 4 stages and the LC-110 has 3. The fill rate of the MCH-6 is 3.5 cf per minute vs. the LC-110's 1.1 cfm. AĀ fourth stage isn't requiredĀ since the LC-110 isn't working as hard to fill as fast. The LC-110 is $1995 plus $100 for equivalentĀ filtration as anĀ MCH-6. $900 savings for a dive compressor design that can top off a 9 liter tank in 30 minutes instead of 10 is a fairĀ trade off for mostĀ PCP owners.

I'm not saying the LC-110 is a better valueĀ than an MCH-6. But at a $900 apples to applesĀ savings it is up to the individual to decide which one makes more sense for him. Both are made by Coltri and both are good buys at their respective price points and performance levels.Ā 

I'll probably get an MCH-6 one of these days. In lieu of installing an additional 220V outlet I could either use an 220V extension cord (if they exist) or a voltage converter.

Extension cords for compressors should beĀ a last resortĀ since extension cordsĀ draw more amps and heat based upon their length. Buy anĀ extension cord as short as you can use to reach the compressor. A 15' extension cord or less is better. Make sure anyĀ 220V extension cord has 12 gauge wire, or 10 gauge if a longer length is required.. Northern Tool and Harbor Freight sellĀ them or you can make one usingĀ 12/3 wire and plugs that match your compressor plug and outlet type.