• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Felons and PCP ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was reviewing comments about a PCP air rifle and one of the reviews was from a felon, his only point comment was that they are good for felons. Made me think a bit, he's right.

That also would apply to dishonorable discharge I suppose. 

In my opinion there are some of them who don't deserve to have their 2nd taken away. Many for sure do. They are all lumped together, just doesn't seem right.

Last month I interviewed a guy to hire, he told me he spent two years in the pin from a felony, I was impressed with his honesty and his qualifications for the job but when I told him we do drug testing he asked back,"For what drugs?". I said all drugs. He then asked "even weed?". The interview was over. Oh well.

I keep a Folder I call "Words of Wit" on my desktop. It contains both the sane and insane words of how people think. Your post reminded me of this little tidbit. Made me smile for awhile.

"Whenever I get a sack of resumes I throw half of them in the garbage.

I don’t want any unlucky people working in our department."

You are right some felons, a small percentage I am afraid, should not be lumped together with the others. It is a sad thing but life is not always fair. It is what it is though and we all have to deal with it.

That also would apply to dishonorable discharge I suppose. 

I don't believe a dishonorable discharge limits any Constitutional rights. Maybe I just failed to understand the full context. I've seen people dishonorably discharged for things like "fraudulent enlistment" when I knew the recruiter told the kid not to "talk about that" and it would be "ok". I lost a troop from my platoon back in the 80's because he was gay. He was also the best damn DF operator I ever trained. He got a dishonorable.

Anyway, as to the other comments, yes it seems to me that someone who has paid his debit, has paid it. She (got to be PC) should have all her rights restored. Then if she offends again and is convicted welp... back to paying her debit.

EDIT: Worse than that, I have just learned that they are giving dishonorable discharges to any service member who refuses to take the Covid Vax....

I worked at a company that made computer room flooring and I helped build the dies that stamped the flooring in the presses. And that company had prisoners from Jessup State prison in Maryland bussed in every day. Quite a few of them got a permanent job there after their time was up in prison. Actually my shop foreman was a felon.He was a mean looking guy but he was actually a nice person. But far as Felonies go, some of them are non-violent.

All drug and alcohol addictions are a result of the person’s attempt to avoid pain, whether physical, emotional or both. Substitute treatment for emotional and physical pain and there would be a whole lot less felons.

Hmmm, not sure I buy this.....addiction is actually a disease and not a result of an emotional deficiency. 

Quite a few alcoholics have run through our family and all were quite happy and surprisingly successful. 

Everyone deserve the right and opportunity to right wrongs in their life. Not every job or company is obligated to give that person the chance, I agree, but at some point a chance, even just one has to be given. What that person does with that chance is on them. Challenge makes the man (or woman). Rise up or fall, but no-one can do it alone. 

Everyone deserve the right and opportunity to right wrongs in their life. Not every job or company is obligated to give that person the chance, I agree, but at some point a chance, even just one has to be given. What that person does with that change is on them. Challenge makes the man (or woman). Rise up or fall, but no-one can do it alone.

+1

I had just read your post and then I saw the title “new EBR challenge.” For a moment I thought why not a “impaired” event? You know Smoke a bowl and shoot? 

Im joking of course and despise pot and pot heads. I’m doing some work for a guy that moved to S.C. from SD CA. He smokes weed at 66 years old. Illegal btw in SC. Moron.

Well, to be honest I despise these comments. I honestly didn't know the term "pot heads" was still used. Sounds like some sort of old Dragnet series in the 60's lingo. We all know how accurate they were about the drug problem. 

Here in Virginia, it is LEGAL to smoke weed. I don't myself, but if you do, no problem. I most certainly won't go around talking about the "evil weed" and all the other drivel associated with it. I am 63 myself and can't smoke anything anymore. But if I were able to, I would have my legal 3 plants a growing and all their buds picked and a bong in which to smoke it.

Seems that alcohol was the "evil weed" of the 20's and 30's but today perfectly alright to have. For the guy who moved from Ca to S.C., good for him. Couple more years and I am sure S.C. will legalize marijuana. 

Let the name calling begin.

Let's all get drunk, stoned, and stupid And go play with deadly weapons!

You wanna drink? Fine stay in your lane. You wanna get stoned? Fine stay in your lane.

The first time I catch one of you drunks or stoners encouraging one of mine that poop is somehow GOOD for you is when I am going to show you sober trumps stupid.

Now stop this poop and let the rational people enjoy a little peace. You have hijacked the man's thread. It WAS a pretty good thread.

Shame on you.

Reactions: Richmeister
Oldcrow you so right. I used some trigger words and got this off the rails. I did learn that these “weed” users stick together better that dems. Oh crap. Drifted into politics. Anyway back to the OP post. 

I have a buddy that is a convicted felon. He lied to the feds and wouldn’t give up his cousin that was selling pot. Anyway he bought a Gammo break bbl to shoot squirrels. I don’t think pcps are firearms and ok for possession for the convicted. 

I have thought alot about that subject. Why does the Alphabet org allow a felon to own a full auto .30 cal rifle?

...well at the end of the day, if the USA get's invaded, they want those felons to be armed as well. 

They also know some of those felons are extrordinary shooters...they wouldn't want them to get out of practice just in case the Govt wants to hand them an assault rifle at some point to defend our counrty.

We are all Americans! 

Gee, my thread was locked for less than has been said here... PCPs aren’t classified as firearms so I believe they’re legal for felons to own.

In my state, felons that aren't allowed to own firearms ARE allowed to own air guns UNLESS their court documents/convictions specifically include the ownership of such. The judge/court must specify the ownership of air guns in order for a felon to be denied that right. But I believe those rules vary state to state. 

And I agree, this went from an interesting topic of rights and law to a bunch of childish jabs.

I'm a convicted felon, unlawful possession of unregistered autos. Did my time and learned an important lesson about the power of the Federal Government. After years of non shooting and missing it dearly I broke out my old pumper and started my pellet gun journey. I have paid more for air guns than I paid for powder burners, welcome to the dark side. 

I'm a convicted felon, unlawful possession of unregistered autos. Did my time and learned an important lesson about the power of the Federal Government. After years of non shooting and missing it dearly I broke out my old pumper and started my pellet gun journey. I have paid more for air guns than I paid for powder burners, welcome to the dark side.

in Ohio and other states that record can be sealed and you can own firearms again if you have only one conviction...

Status
Not open for further replies.