• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fellow Hatsan Lightning owners, please help.

I'm on my second Hatsan Lightning compressor. I did the pressure check like the manual says (Fill to 310 bar and let auto shut off to see if it hold pressure) The manual says it should be less than 10 bar per hour loss. Mine is losing 110 bar per hour, about 500 psi every 10 minutes. I contacted Hatsan, no response. But the dealer is now saying that is normal. My first one, before it blew up, held pressure for 30 minutes without losing a pound.

Can someone with a Hatsan Lightning, please do a pressure test and let me know if this pressure loss is normal or not? I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or send it back.

Thanks,

The pressure loss you were quoted as "normal" is not. I did a pressure test right after the product update modification 2 days ago and mine held 310 bar for 10 min. I didn't hold it any longer than that since I had a fill test I wanted to get started.

With that big of a leak, you should be able to find it. Did you try finding the leak with soapy water? Go over every connection and soap each one looking for bubbles. Tighten connections as needed. Do not forget to check the fill whip connection to the compressor. I find that loosens itself periodically. Good luck!

Duster what product update? The new fitting for the cooling hose?

Yes - changing out the 90 degree fitting for the straight fitting and shortening the involved hose. 

I've been cautious about going into my compressor looking for whats causing my over heating issue. I wouldn't be surprised if I have a dirty or sticky 2nd stage check valve.

Read the manual where the warranty is discussed. If Hatsan tells you to do something to the compressor via email (so you have it in writing) then loss of warranty coverage shouldn't be a problem. IMO, if you give Hatsan a reason to void your warranty, I don't think they'd hesitate. I'm not providing Hatsan with that excuse!

Duster what product update? The new fitting for the cooling hose?

Yes - changing out the 90 degree fitting for the straight fitting and shortening the involved hose. 

I've been cautious about going into my compressor looking for whats causing my over heating issue. I wouldn't be surprised if I have a dirty or sticky 2nd stage check valve.

Read the manual where the warranty is discussed. If Hatsan tells you to do something to the compressor via email (so you have it in writing) then loss of warranty coverage shouldn't be a problem. IMO, if you give Hatsan a reason to void your warranty, I don't think they'd hesitate. I'm not providing Hatsan with that excuse!

Mark, do you mind posting a link as to where you sourced that 90 degree fitting? I’m highly assuming that you placed this 90 right on the block that the fill whip connects to, and the factory whip on top of that, so as to minimize the hose just hanging out there for someone to walk by and snap it off.

on that fitting, did it come with a female thread out front to reconnect the whip or is it a male QD? 

After you made mention of that needed change, I’ve seriously wanted to do mine.

Thank you.

Mark, what I was asking a link to a fitting for, is the one you originally suggested hatsan change in the review of the compressor when you first got one. You didn’t like the way the fill whip was connected to the bleed block, and suggested maybe installing a 90 degree fitting so the hose is easily out of the way. 

Did you ever source a fitting that threads into that block, with a QD on the other end? In a 90 degree? Wonder if ones even made.

thank you, Mark.