Feinwerkbau 800 FT 16j conversion to 20fpe

If one puts any stock in the opinions of the Euro and UK guys, the general consensus seems to be that the FWB is fine at 12 ft lbs once you sort out any poi shifting, but above that power level they get a bit harder to deal with.

That is doing the conversion yourself, as it seems to be somewhat involved and not just plug and play. The opinion seems to be that it would be best left to a professional who has a track record of doing the conversions.

I have a FWB P70 that is converted to a 20 fpe FT rifle by Alan Zasadny, and it is very accurate, almost completely dead to shoot, and poi shift free due to having the shroud milled with dovetails for a scope rail like my 800 above.

IF you are serious about turning your 800 up, I would send it off to Alan for his treatment, budget allowing of course. 

FWB use to sell the higher power reg which includes a larger plenum space. It's been years, and was looking at doing this on an older an older version of this platform but even at that time I was not able to find anyone who would sell/ship the parts to the US, at least not to a retail customer. I'll see if I can find that info but I've changed computers several times since then.

Thank you very much !, I hope you can find the info.

I would just buy another gun to tinker with to get high power and leave that FWB 800 well enough alone and don't laugh the 177 Umarex Gauntlet and Hajimoto Barrel with Ball bearing spring trigger mod.

19.5 fpe 26.4 joules straight out of the box in 177 with no tuning yet. If you get an exceptional one you can get 1/4" groups at 50 yards or if you get an average one 3/8" or maybe 1/2" if you get a below average one. If you have the means buy 20 of them in 177 and keep the top 2 accurate ones and donate or sell or return if you have friends at the airgun shop for the 18 leftover because there's a difference in accuracy among all guns you buy any brand you see what I mean when you many of the same guns in the same caliber like I do. You do this enough you see what's capable of 1/2" groups at 100 yards too and what guns can actually hit stuff at 300 yards too.

Thanks for the advise, I have mor powerful guns, but I bought to use this to shoot metallic silhouette and if I could increase the power to 18-20 fpe it would br my dream gun.

.kind regards

If one puts any stock in the opinions of the Euro and UK guys, the general consensus seems to be that the FWB is fine at 12 ft lbs once you sort out any poi shifting, but above that power level they get a bit harder to deal with.

That is doing the conversion yourself, as it seems to be somewhat involved and not just plug and play. The opinion seems to be that it would be best left to a professional who has a track record of doing the conversions.

I have a FWB P70 that is converted to a 20 fpe FT rifle by Alan Zasadny, and it is very accurate, almost completely dead to shoot, and poi shift free due to having the shroud milled with dovetails for a scope rail like my 800 above.

IF you are serious about turning your 800 up, I would send it off to Alan for his treatment, budget allowing of course. 

Thank you very much, the thing is, I live in Mexico, so sending the gun to the US would be not possible with the current situation.

Do you have his email?

Kind regards

He's a telephone only guy. Also underatand than AZ will do extensive modifications to your rifle. This means if anything goes wrong, factory parts won't fix it. Also the average wait time for him is about 3 months if he likes you, over 6 months to a year for most others, it seems.

Will Piat(ExitPupil here) is a great gunsmith regardless of platform. Saddle Mountain Gunsmith is the name of his business, he has a website, and generally has a 6 week turn around time.

Another accomplished airgun smith is David Slade of AirgunWerks. He also has a website and email with a good turn around time.

I'm not sure you can't send it to the US for work. People are getting guns, parts and accessories from all over the world as far as I've seen on the forums.

Good luck with your quest. Though having owned an 800 basic FT, 12fpe is all it needs.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio