Feinwerkbau 800 FT 16j conversion to 20fpe

I believe it's only needing a regulator adjustment I have the same 12fpe version you do but!!! I must really caution you that after owning a great number of professionally tuned and power upped FT and BR FWBs the more power you try to go the less accurate they tend to be and throw unexplainable fliers. Try it and see for yourself because I absolutely won't try it with mine. Brings back bad memories...

1597271702_2718803975f346e968751a0.69816212.jpg
1597271703_16106976315f346e9740dee8.53948039.jpg
1597271704_3102865535f346e980e6d56.08144477.jpg
1597271704_11086528945f346e9875a0d9.29024031.jpg

I had the 800 basic, the 12 fpE version, and the damn thing had horrible POI shifts! 

What I was told is because these actions are a two piece design that this causes shifts. I was also told that with the right one piece base, which bridges the gap over the action loading port, that the shifts are reduced, I tried that too, nope didn't much help.

I know of some successful FT shooters that had some one piece actions machined up for their P70's, similar action I believe, both those rifles shoot exceptionally well.

It's too bad because everything else about these 800's is awesome!

My advise is NO don't convert it.

By far the most annoying and frustrating thing about AG's to me is POI SHIFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the 800 basic, the 12 fps version, and the damn thing had horrible POI shifts! 

What I was told is because these actions are a two piece design that this causes shifts. I was also told that with the right one piece base, which bridges the gap over the action loading port, that the shifts are reduced, I tried that too, nope didn't much help.

I know of some successful FT shooters that had some one piece actions machined up for their P70's, similar action I believe, both those rifles shoot exceptionally well.

By far the most annoying and frustrating thing about AG's to me is POI SHIFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE JESUS!!!

THE UNEXPLAINABLE FLIERS HAVE FINALLY BEEN EXPLAINED!!!

MY low powered unfooled around with 10 meter ones shoot PERFECT!

HALLELUJAH!!!

The trick with the 800 is to use a rail that mounts on the barrel dovetail and bypass mounting anything to the receiver blocks, front or rear. The 800 basic has a dovetail milled into the barrel shroud, not sure about the other variants.

My 800 suffers no radical shifts that cant be compensated for with 1 or 2 clicks, and thats with a Falcon T50, supposedly one of the shiftiest scopes around.

Going from AC environment inside the house to 80 or more outside, no extreme shifting isdues have arisen for me.

It is the older 10-50 Falcon, the T 50. The new version that is supposed to be superior is the X 50.

I picked a pair of then up at SWFA like 2 or 3 years ago for good money.

I have not looked through the new X50, but these older T 50 models are NOT equal to Sightrons on higher mag. I usually run them up to around 35 to 40 X and they are OK, but the Slll Sightron trumps them at higher mag.

They seem to focus and track well for me, but I use a lot more hold over than I click, so have not really pushed them hard enough to render a judgement.

The older T 50 mod3ls have a Mil Dot reticle that is a little thick, kind of like a string of azz beads, but at 40 X it is usable for me.

I believe it's only needing a regulator adjustment I have the same 12fpe version you do but!!! I must really caution you that after owning a great number of professionally tuned and power upped FT and BR FWBs the more power you try to go the less accurate they tend to be and throw unexplainable fliers. Try it and see for yourself because I absolutely won't try it with mine. Brings back bad memories...

This is the second 800 FT I´ve had, sold the first one and regretted.

With the first one I tightened the hammer spring screw, but it started to group like a shotgun :( , thought it would be like a steyr, in which power can be adjusted up and down without it loosing its accuracy 

I am going to ask Feinwerkbau if they can sell me a regulator so I can tinker with it.

By the way, your gun look great with that hugget...mmmm I have one I am not using, think I will copy your idea :)

Thank you very much !

Here´s a picture of mine

1597327675_19391629555f35493b4d03a3.30708114.jpg

I had the 800 basic, the 12 fpE version, and the damn thing had horrible POI shifts! 

Hi

I didn´t notice any poi shifts in my first 800 but will check this one out.

Thank you very much !

FWB use to sell the higher power reg which includes a larger plenum space. It's been years, and was looking at doing this on an older an older version of this platform but even at that time I was not able to find anyone who would sell/ship the parts to the US, at least not to a retail customer. I'll see if I can find that info but I've changed computers several times since then. 

The trick with the 800 is to use a rail that mounts on the barrel dovetail and bypass mounting anything to the receiver blocks, front or rear. The 800 basic has a dovetail milled into the barrel shroud, not sure about the other variants.

My 800 suffers no radical shifts that cant be compensated for with 1 or 2 clicks, and thats with a Falcon T50, supposedly one of the shiftiest scopes around.

Going from AC environment inside the house to 80 or more outside, no extreme shifting isdues have arisen for me.

I will check mine for poi shifts, and if it has them, I will do the same you did.

Thank you very much

FWB use to sell the higher power reg which includes a larger plenum space. It's been years, and was looking at doing this on an older an older version of this platform but even at that time I was not able to find anyone who would sell/ship the parts to the US, at least not to a retail customer. I'll see if I can find that info but I've changed computers several times since then.

Thank you very much !, I hope you can find the info.

No luck. Sorry. The info was from an article that was quite long that documented the process and testing, including references (if not links). The writer was in the UK or EU and it was on his airgun related website (not a forum, just his his writings). Website was literally related to airgun accuracy or something like that.. 

I would just buy another gun to tinker with to get high power and leave that FWB 800 well enough alone and don't laugh the 177 Umarex Gauntlet and Hajimoto Barrel with Ball bearing spring trigger mod.

19.5 fpe 26.4 joules straight out of the box in 177 with no tuning yet. If you get an exceptional one you can get 1/4" groups at 50 yards or if you get an average one 3/8" or maybe 1/2" if you get a below average one. If you have the means buy 20 of them in 177 and keep the top 2 accurate ones and donate or sell or return if you have friends at the airgun shop for the 18 leftover because there's a difference in accuracy among all guns you buy any brand you see what I mean when you many of the same guns in the same caliber like I do. You do this enough you see what's capable of 1/2" groups at 100 yards too and what guns can actually hit stuff at 300 yards too.