Feinwerkbau 124D question

Like I mentioned, the humidity in northern California isn't a issue for wood. I use Johnson Paste furniture wax
on my stock after refinishing it with Birchwood Tru‐Oil. I wonder if using the paste wax on the inner surfaces
of the stock would be just as effective as beeswax? I have had better luck with Vibra-Tite VC-3 than I have
with the Loctite blue.
Yes...it will work, just sealing up any raw wood. The beeswax spray just makes it much easier to apply, especially in the nooks and crannies...
I always clean my threads with acetone and a little brushing with a brass brush before I apply my blue loctite, never had an issue. Most folks use way to much, and it lasts forever in the bottle, I have a bottle that is over 10 years of age and still works great !!

Yes...it will work, just sealing up any raw wood. The beeswax spray just makes it much easier to apply, especially in the nooks and crannies...
I always clean my threads with acetone and a little brushing with a brass brush before I apply my blue loctite, never had an issue. Most folks use way to much, and it lasts forever in the bottle, I have a bottle that is over 10 years of age and still works great !!
I usually use 70% rubbing alcohol to clean threads. The drawback of Vibra-Tite is it's life expectancy.

Reactions: AirShot
Potatoes potatoes....you guys want help or not? This is why you guys don't have women in your lives!!! Live with your loose screws!!!!! Lol
Screw designation (style) refers to the top. Not the seating side.
Your 124 uses a round head screw.
Mine has what in the US is called more of a pan head. Flat across the top and edges are rounded. What we call a round head is actually more "domed" . I guess there is a lot of controversy as to terminology. Go to a supplier of fasteners such as McMaster-Carr and you will see shapes and terms used in the industry.

Pan Head
1682262516502.png

Button Head
1682262684167.png

Flat Head
1682262748215.png