• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Feinwerkbau 124

Is it a standard or deluxe? Does it have the uncommon Jnc. stamping instead of inc. ? Is the stock well figured walnut? Each of these things affect the price.
On a personal level, I never want even the appearance of taking advantage of a widow. I would asses a fair value and make an offer, being fully transparent.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I don't remember the markings on it. I have been helping her figure out the best way to sell the guns(auction) and what they have actually been selling for on GunBroker. The reloading stuff, some ammunition, and other misc. I have been upfront showing her what it may bring or probably won't bring nothing. She gave me a book. I told her what it was worth. She didn't want any money. Well when I settle up with what I am buying that book will be paid for too. She just won't know it. I too don't ever want to be accused of taking advantage of someone. I will look and see how it is marked. Nice wood but nothing fancy.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I don't remember the markings on it. I have been helping her figure out the best way to sell the guns(auction) and what they have actually been selling for on GunBroker. The reloading stuff, some ammunition, and other misc. I have been upfront showing her what it may bring or probably won't bring nothing. She gave me a book. I told her what it was worth. She didn't want any money. Well when I settle up with what I am buying that book will be paid for too. She just won't know it. I too don't ever want to be accused of taking advantage of someone. I will look and see how it is marked. Nice wood but nothing fancy.
I suggest taking pictures of the items she wants to sell. Take photos of the rifles manufacturer's stamping and serial numbers. Place a towel on the floor and use it as a cushion / backdrop for the rifles. Light is your friend when taking pictures. Thanks for helping her out, good man!

They are nice springers and fun to shoot. I have an original one from the '70s. You must find out if it has the original piston seal. All of those original synthetic seals on those rifles crumbled to pieces. If you don't know whether it has been rebuilt and is currently shooting well, you would have to subtract the cost of a seal and or spring kit plus disassembly, cleaning and regreasing. Check out the breech seal also. The original ones get flattened and need to be replaced.

So where does one get the parts to fix the gun if needed? Also I have never disassemble an air rifle before so is this something that I could do if I had instructions somewhere? Like utube or maybe getting a manual? Well I answered my own question about utube and after watching some video think I can replace parts if necessary. I will just need to find the parts and maybe a vice set up.

Last edited:
I built a spring compressor by cutting the plain end off of a large c-clamp and bolting it to a 2x4. Sorry but I don't have any pictures of my fixture. I bought my rebuild parts from www.airrifleheadquarters.com. they have several kits available and I think another popular place for rebuild kits is http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/ but I don't know what they have for the 124.

You will need to pick up some specialty products to do your own rebuild. Definitely do not use petroleum based greases due to the risk of detonation in a Springer. There are some different tuning greases these days but I did the old school lube tune with a small amount of arh's 'heavy tar' on the mainspring and a small amount of molybdenum disulfide grease on the piston seal and a few strategic wear points. I also lightly sanded my piston seal by checking the Piston latch rod in my hand drill and running the seal over some abrasive until it would just hold itself in the cylinder while hanging vertically.

Take care to deburr the caulking slots and other catch points because it's very easy to cut the Piston seal as you insert it into the cylinder until it gets to the area where there are no more interruptions in the seating surface.

Good luck with your acquisition and good on you for helping your friend's widow

What condition? What model, standard or deluxe? Special stock or work at Beeman or ARH? They are as fine as any spring piston rifle around, even after the magnum wars. I have had mine since 1979, courtesy of ARH in West Virginia.

FWB 124D.jpg

Reactions: Feinwerk