• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Feel like toast

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
In the winter I have a lot more free time to shoot compared to the summer. Problem our winters can go down to 0F. and lower.
Makes a bit of a challenge to shoot comfortably. If a strong North wind comes I retreat into the warmth of the house which is 20 ft. from my shooting bench. Don’t like the wind. This year I bought these, heated vest and pants, talk about sweet. Tried them out.
IMG_7695.jpeg
They work like a charm. Easily shot today for 3 hrs. already and the days not over. I have lites on the range. With the snow it lites up nicely.
IMG_7696.jpeg
Love shooting at nite. Another benefit of shooting with the snow if you miss your shot, easy to see where it went. Can save time and frustration.
I wear gloves with fingers cut on left hand for loading, a problem but manageable. We only had a day drop to 12F. once. No frost in ground.
This is view from bench.
IMG_7647.jpeg

‘What do you do to make ends meet so you can shoot?
Crow

SWMBO made the hat. Gloves $35 off Amazon but a little too small for my mitts, even in XL. The toe warmers work well in both boots and gloves, just don't leave them unattended when they are really warm;)

Rest of the kit is a massive down parka with insulated ski pants and boots. All the clothing really makes finding a hold conducive to accuracy a real challenge. Coldest weather I've been "comfortable" in was around 15F for a couple of hours.....Then I was cooold! Although I've been out nearer to 0F for a few minutes, just until I can't feel my fingers:cry:, and just sitting doesn't help.

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

In the winter I have a lot more free time to shoot compared to the summer. Problem our winters can go down to 0F. and lower.
Makes a bit of a challenge to shoot comfortably. If a strong North wind comes I retreat into the warmth of the house which is 20 ft. from my shooting bench. Don’t like the wind. This year I bought these, heated vest and pants, talk about sweet. Tried them out.View attachment 423440They work like a charm. Easily shot today for 3 hrs. already and the days not over. I have lites on the range. With the snow it lites up nicely.View attachment 423450Love shooting at nite. Another benefit of shooting with the snow if you miss your shot, easy to see where it went. Can save time and frustration.
I wear gloves with fingers cut on left hand for loading, a problem but manageable. We only had a day drop to 12F. once. No frost in ground.
This is view from bench. View attachment 423456
Crow
For me it was rain. When I set up my first range here it was in the back yard. When it rained, it was mad shuffle to get all the gear to cover.
I had already planned to build a front porch when we bought the house. Once it had a roof I started shooting in the front yard. That pretty much stopped the porch project. I have all the materials to finish it including the screen to screen it, but no, I just keep shooting from it.20200304_223400_IMG_6349.JPGScreenshot_20240109_094832_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230516_153348_Gallery.jpg

Makes a bit of a challenge to shoot comfortably. If a strong North wind comes I retreat into the warmth of the house which is 20 ft. from my shooting bench. Don’t like the wind. This year I bought these, heated vest and pants, talk about sweet. Tried them out.View attachment 423440They work like a charm. Easily shot today for 3 hrs. already and the days not over. I have lites on the range. With the snow it lites up nicely.View attachment 423450Love shooting at nite. Another benefit of shooting with the snow if you miss your shot, easy to see where it went. Can save time and frustration.
This is view from bench. View attachment 423456
Crow
Wow you are some dedicated airgunner!

LOL! You sure are ready for the cold! Brrrrrr! But technology with those heated jackets and pants are perfect for the weather that are in your pics! Have fun shooting in most inclement weather conditions!
Thanks, once I learn the adjustments I’ll be golden. Crow
Are those vehicles the "moving targets" ??
Just replaced a windshield $4200. Costly target. Crow
luckily here most days are low 50's, have a few colder but not that many.
I wanna be like you when I grow up. Don’t like above 90F. Crow
Nice outer wear! Should keep you toasty warm. A set of hand warmers would help the left hand. The shooting shanty and a propane heater keep the pellets flying in Saline. When it gets really cold and snowy I go indoors and shoot archery.
You talked me into the pants, thanks. Hand warmer might be “a good stinkin diarrhoea” Have to try. Crow
thinking of a shooting half shack , more of a U shape 4 feet tall with a heater. Hinged for storage .
I would love a shed. But I would have to live in it. Maybe make another gun range elsewhere. Not today. Crow
SWMBO made the hat. Gloves $35 off Amazon but a little too small for my mitts, even in XL. The toe warmers work well in both boots and gloves, just don't leave them unattended when they are really warm;)

Rest of the kit is a massive down parka with insulated ski pants and boots. All the clothing really makes finding a hold conducive to accuracy a real challenge. Coldest weather I've been "comfortable" in was around 15F for a couple of hours.....Then I was cooold! Although I've been out nearer to 0F for a few minutes, just until I can't feel my fingers:cry:, and just sitting doesn't help.

View attachment 423596

View attachment 423598
Thanks. Those warmers look decient. Crow
For me it was rain. When I set up my first range here it was in the back yard. When it rained, it was mad shuffle to get all the gear to cover.
I had already planned to build a front porch when we bought the house. Once it had a roof I started shooting in the front yard. That pretty much stopped the porch project. I have all the materials to finish it including the screen to screen it, but no, I just keep shooting from it.View attachment 423641View attachment 423643
View attachment 423644Looks like a 3-5 yr. operation. Crow

Reactions: .20calguy