Feeding rats with lead using HW100

@Ezana4CE. Thank you for watching. These rats were never been hunted with AG before so they are not getting a taste of lead delivered with my HW100, lol. I found out on my last visit recently where they were hiding as I didn't see too many outside at the usual spots. They were feeding just under the beddings where the cows were feeding and sleeping. There are holes under the concrete bed where the waste water flush thru. I happened to spot a few movements beneath the legs of the cows and sure enough they were feasting where the cows do their "crapping". The only problem was that there are too many cows there in the way. But I did find an empty spot where they block off the rest of the cows and I was able to tag a couple at extreme close range of 5 yards! lol. Massive hold over with my HW100.

I am planning for a better attack by using my PP700 low power of 8 ft.lb shooting the AA 16gr pellets. The only disadvantage is I wouldn't be able to film it unless I use the Pard008 on top. I will use it as a second gun with a red light torch to see if I can tag them at close range.

The tripod I use is just a typical cheap survey tripod that I had and I mounted a holder to cradle my gun. Maybe I will film it next video.

@max115 I noticed the eyes between the cement blocks, but was unsure of what the block were used for. Thanks for the explanation. Those were some very tight openings to shoot through. I’m impressed. The hold-under at 5 yards must be pretty extreme. Have you practiced shooting that close? I would very much like to see your tripod setup. I’ve been searching for tripods recently and I’m undecided on what to get at the moment. I really don’t know much about them, but yours looks effective and that’s what I’m concerned about. That, portability, durability, and ease of use. 

@Ezana4CE. Actually I did a video shooting at Farm R where I showed the tripod set up I used. It was cheap, simple conversion and it works well for me.

Here is the link for Testing#84 - Ratata 19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0flysgSQWY&t=992s

@max115 I see. Seems simple, but effective. Did you put that rest together or did you purchase it? Have you used a clamping head or a mounting system that attaches your airgun to the tripod? Thanks for sharing. 

@Ezana4CE. The tripod was from a cheap level tripod and I added a foam block shaped like a U and screw it on top of the swivel base so I can pan the rifle left to right. Very cheap and effective for my usage. I basically just rest my rifle into the U shape foam block. I use my lazy chair and get comfortable while scanning the area for rodents.

I just got back from a visit to the new farm and only saw and tagged 3 rats but as a bonus, I found out there were starlings inside this low height barn. I didn't even know that there were starlings sleeping there. It was a very slow night for rats, and while sitting in my lazy chair I heard some feathers ruffling above me. So I scanned the area and to my surprise I saw a bunch of starlings. This was my first time shooting starlings at night and I have always wanted to do something like this ever since I have watched a few night time starlings shooting videos. My wish came thru and my Pard008/HW100 didn't disappoint me. They were "sitting ducks" and I tagged them between 12-25 yards and I think only a couple of the starlings were left after I dropped 24 of them. I will post that video soon.

@Max115 Starlings in the same building? This ought to be good. Nighttime starling pesting is entertaining to me because they don’t seem to understand what’s going on in the videos I’ve watched. This makes pesting much more effective because their instincts don’t seem to lead them to exit the building. They just either sit there oblivious to the bird shot next to them, move a little further away, or fly to perch upon another part of the building. 

@Ezana4CE. Yes I didn't even noticed them in the past three visits when I was there shooting the rats. I guess I was too focused on the rats and didn't pay attention to what were lurking up in the rafters, lol. They didn't want to fly out the barn as it was dark outside so it was just a matter of tracking them flying from one side of the barn to the other. Now this permission will yield both feathers and furs when I visit. Stay tuned for the upcoming video, thanks.