• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Features you’d like to see in a PCP

Some time back, I started making a list of features I would like to see in a PCP and then I found the RTI Prophet Performance and bought it.

Yep. I own Daystate, FX and others, but the RTI Prophet Performance V1 in .22 outshoots them all, handles great and is rock solid.

Then I bought the .177 barrel kit for $250 - it takes 3 minutes to swap calibers, I timed it, lol.

How about light, compact, and powerful with good shot count and
not look like a glorified potato gun?

Yeah, about that....:
• I like potatoes.
• I like guns.
• I like potatoe guns.
• And I like glory.

So, all of these combined are great! 👍🏼

To respond to your insult — in good fun 😉let me make the counter suggestion:
"How about light, compact, and powerful with good shot count and
not look like an obsolete frumpy gun relic from the world wars of the past century?

Matthias

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Yeah, about that....:
• I like potatoes.
• I like guns.
• I like potatoe guns.
• And I like glory.

So, all of these combined are great! 👍🏼

To respond to your insult — in good fun 😉let me make the counter suggestion:
"How about light, compact, and powerful with good shot count and
not look like an obsolete frumpy gun relic from the world wars of the past century?

Matthias
You don't like traditional looking rifles?

Thems fightin' words!!!

Just playing, I like FX for their innovation and quality, just don't like the naked bottle gun look. Their crown, royale, dreamline are all on my list of wants.

I feel the same with any of the bottle gun tacticool guns. I have 2 bottle guns but both wearing a walnut thumbhole stock.

Caveat to that... if the fx guns were semi/fullo auto, then I would be all over them. It's more fitting to the look of a SA/FA gun vs a side lever or bolt gun, too me, needs to be a wood stock. I'm that way with my powderguns too.

Reactions: JungleShooter
For target shooting off a bench how about a stock that is full length of the barrel but does not touch the barrel and makes for easy removal of the air tank.

My thinking is that the further the sand bag can be placed towards the end of the barrel the less the scope cross hairs will twitch on the bulls eye.

Not everyone's cup of tea for it will add weight and maybe not for hunters in the field.

Reactions: ThomasT and jmohme
Anti double load. If Hatsan does it, why not the big boys?

Hatsan also utilizes a drain bolt, to completely degas the gun. It doesn’t need to be used, like with fx and removable bottles, but keep it there for the just in case times.

Better barrel lock feature than grub screws. If grub screws are to be used, add enough material to the areas that the grub screw sets against, so the grub screw actually goes into a hole using dog tipped set screws.

I’ve said it before, so I’ll say it again- hatsan, LCS, they supply a complete set of o rings with their guns. I know FX will gladly send you a couple if you’re willing to fix things yourself, anf very good on them for that customer service, but think of the postage they’d save if they just supplied a kit, with a diagram showing the actual o rings to lay the o ring on so you know where it went, just like captain o ring does with their kits.

A hidden needle valve, directly after the bottle, to close off the incoming HPA to the gun, with the air drain screw after that valve. No loss of air from the removal of the bottle, no need to drain the whole gun. Especially useful for guns with bottles that are not meant to be removed.

20-30 MOA scope rails come automatically on every pcp moving forward

Thick peek inserts on hammers to help remove the ping from the hammer strike onto the valve stem.

Any specialty tools to access(not service, but access) to a part that requires adjustment, should be included.

I know all of these would add costs to the gun, except the o rings. For what customers pay for these pcp’s an o ring kit should be included.

Anti double load. If Hatsan does it, why not the big boys?

Hatsan also utilizes a drain bolt, to completely degas the gun. It doesn’t need to be used, like with fx and removable bottles, but keep it there for the just in case times.

Better barrel lock feature than grub screws. If grub screws are to be used, add enough material to the areas that the grub screw sets against, so the grub screw actually goes into a hole using dog tipped set screws.

I’ve said it before, so I’ll say it again- hatsan, LCS, they supply a complete set of o rings with their guns. I know FX will gladly send you a couple if you’re willing to fix things yourself, anf very good on them for that customer service, but think of the postage they’d save if they just supplied a kit, with a diagram showing the actual o rings to lay the o ring on so you know where it went, just like captain o ring does with their kits.

A hidden needle valve, directly after the bottle, to close off the incoming HPA to the gun, with the air drain screw after that valve. No loss of air from the removal of the bottle, no need to drain the whole gun. Especially useful for guns with bottles that are not meant to be removed.

20-30 MOA scope rails come automatically on every pcp moving forward

Thick peek inserts on hammers to help remove the ping from the hammer strike onto the valve stem.

Any specialty tools to access(not service, but access) to a part that requires adjustment, should be included.

I know all of these would add costs to the gun, except the o rings. For what customers pay for these pcp’s an o ring kit should be included.
Tools and O rings. I 100% agree!
Every air gun ever made is going to leak at some point.

Reactions: BanjomanMI76
Would you explain what you mean (photo?) — and why that is good?
Pardon my ignorance....

Matthias
RAW doesn’t use an o-ring but rather uses a pellet probe that’s beveled on the end and it fits into a mating female machined surface in the breach end of the barrel. Both of these surfaces are perfectly machined and lapped and when closed will form a leak proof seal with no o-rings.

RTI and the Air Ventury Avenger both have o-rings mounted on the exterior of their pellet probes. If an O ring goes bad it is VERY easy and quick to change the O-ring. If you have ever changed an O-ring on most any other rifle you will know that it’s located INSIDE the breach end of the barrel. It’s usually not the easiest thing to change without removing the barrel.

Onboard magazine storage like original cricket or Edgun R5m/Lelya.
Cocked hammer indicator-window or cutout in receiver to see.
Numbers/index marks visible on mag to show shots remaining.
External reg adjustment up/down without degassing
Designed for ease of disassembly and maintenance.
Schematics and accurate, illustrated maintenance instructions included in box...real manuals!
Already mentioned- adjustable transfer port restrictor/airflow power adjustment in addition to hammer spring and reg adjustments, for quick switch between hunting and plinking without changing hammer/reg settings, like FX or original Marauder

Must be a bullpup with short and long barrel option.
Magazine deep enough to fit any slug suitable to the guns power range.
Forward side lever swapable left or right.
No less than 170cc plenum with depinger.
Externally adjustable regulator up to 180bar with no creep.
External hammer adjustment.
Balanced valve.
Valve housing diameter large enough to prevent shrouding effect on valve.
No restriction in the valve or porting.
Conventional 1 piece barrel.. no drinking straw liner in a noodle housing.
Caliber must match industry standard ammunition size.
Carbon fiber bottle with valve.
Light weight aluminum chassis.
40mm shroud with integrated air stripping suppressor.
Clean light single stage, adjustable trigger.
Quality build under $1500USD
No wood.