• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fear of obsessive-compulsive

I have both deslecsia which make it hard to type my responses at times, or do math, and OCD. Compulsive buying, triple checking things. Having to count things several times even if I know I'm right etc...
I have found that tinkering on my existing guns helps in keeping me from buying more. I will buy myself one occasionally. But in more recent times I buy them, fix them. Will shoot them for awhile and then sell them. Or one of my others. I also will buy smaller purchases pellets, tools etc.... instead of a new airgun.

I think most of you don't have my disability. But the majority have a bad case of wantisum.
Since I may want to upgrade from my cheapo Remington 1200 I will keep an eye on your posts.

There does seem to be a quality among the airgun community that seems to be a constant. One is not enough and no such thing as to many.

I catch myself wanting a this one or that one. I resist because I’ve seen the horror of some of these guys collections.

I feel we shoot them and collect them.

My name is Perle and I AM a Airgun addict. Resisting. !! 🫡

Reactions: boscoebrea
The reality,It is not just air guns,it can be a multitude of "things".
Sticking with air guns, there are so many enablers here that it like an alcoholic going to a bar,,o_O
"Just One More".....then you have a hierarchy of air guns, even forgetting some of the ones you do have:(
My infamous thought, I will not get more air guns ,I will customize the ones I have.

Whoever said you can never have too many is very wrong, yet that saying sounds so right.;)

Reactions: Perle
I have both deslecsia which make it hard to type my responses at times, or do math, and OCD. Compulsive buying, triple checking things. Having to count things several times even if I know I'm right etc...
I have found that tinkering on my existing guns helps in keeping me from buying more. I will buy myself one occasionally. But in more recent times I buy them, fix them. Will shoot them for awhile and then sell them. Or one of my others. I also will buy smaller purchases pellets, tools etc.... instead of a new airgun.

I think most of you don't have my disability. But the majority have a bad case of wantisum.
Wanting is better than having

I think some buy just for the need to have the latest and the greatest, for either the fear they’re gonna miss out on something or because they are looking for the performance their current gun that they bought four months before, isn’t giving them.
As an example that new Panthera, people are going to buy it thinking it is the God sent, especially now that it was made known that a 580cc along with a 300cc can be added. That fulfills the wants of many, in whereas before it was introduced as a gun made specific for a type of competitive shooting event. Just a hunch, but ever since a member posted a pic of his Panthera with the 580cc bottle mounted on his new gun, I see more movement in the classifieds lately.

But that poor M3 that’s gonna get replaced, due to it not giving the owner what he expected, or out of sheer tuning frustration, could’ve been made to shoot awesomely if only solid time behind the gun was exercised.

Im with SEPTICDEATH, in where I try and find ways to make what I currently own better. Each and every mod added or discovery found is like getting a new gun!!

Oh boy! Does this mean I can look forward to page 1 of the pcp section flooded with a twenty pager of a “share your Panthera tunes” thread? Wooo Hooo- NOT

I've know people that are addicted to buying things. To them it's basically the same thing as being a drug addict that is chasing their original high. They get a rush from the purchase and don't even bother to open the box that the item is in because the item wasn't the point of the purchase. The same thing happens to people that buy scratch offs in a bar and if they win they put the winnings into more tickets. It isn't about the money that they won, it's about the next rush from winning. There are many examples of this behavior. It's the reason why a person ends up with 100 cats.

I've know people that are addicted to buying things. To them it's basically the same thing as being a drug addict that is chasing their original high. They get a rush from the purchase and don't even bother to open the box that the item is in because the item wasn't the point of the purchase. The same thing happens to people that buy scratch offs in a bar and if they win they put the winnings into more tickets. It isn't about the money that they won, it's about the next rush from winning. There are many examples of this behavior. It's the reason why a person ends up with 100 cats.
In the end, though, it’s whatever makes them happy, right? We only have a short time here, so might as well make it all about smiles

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
In the end, though, it’s whatever makes them happy, right? We only have a short time here, so might as well make it all about smiles
Being happy or mentally healthy are two different things. A person can fill up their house with so much stuff that they only have a path to go from room to room if they can even get to rooms. In a way it's like saying that as long as people are happy by cutting themselves then just let them be. The whole point is, they were never happy in the first place but they found a messed up way to deal with it.

Being happy or mentally healthy are two different things. A person can fill up their house with so much stuff that they only have a path to go from room to room if they can even get to rooms. In a way it's like saying that as long as people are happy by cutting themselves then just let them be. The whole point is, they were never happy in the first place but they found a messed up way to deal with it.
My mother in law was(passed last April) was like that. When my wife went over her parents house to assist her dad in cleaning up the hoarded items, they found a pile of stuff, anywhere from target stores to K mart, items still in their original packaging piled all the way to the ceiling. Tons of vhs movie tapes that were never unwrapped. A lot of wasted dollars for sure