• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Favorite Reticle and why

Well gentlemen I'm in the market for a new scope. I already have my options in mind of what scope I'll be getting, but I wanted to poke your brains on something more specific. What kind of reticle is your favorite and why? If you have multiple (e.g., one for hunting and one for bench) feel free to throw those in as well. Personally, I like lots of reference points, but something like a tremor3 is a bit too busy and has features I don't use, so my favorite would probably be a Nightforce Mil-XT, but Matt's APR-1D reticle from Element is a close second. What kinds of reticles tickle your fancy?

1591831722_10334250455ee16caa72bcc1.18816617.jpg

Mildot SFP easy to see for quick target acquisition once gotten used to and Mil Quad FFP and SFP and illuminated is nice too except when the FFP reticle is IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE on the lowest magnification. Illuminated BDC SFP too with simple no nonsense holdover reference points that are super easy to see for quick target acquisition. Yo!

Leupold TS29X1 reticle from their custom shop. The line is now called the IMPACT instead of TS. There are variations like IMPACT 32, 45, 60 depending on the size and magnification of scope you have it installed in. I like the numbered hash marks....makes counting easier and more accurate. I use this scope on a 12 fpe springer in FT and also for informal long range target shooting and yes, I have used all 29 aiming points and up to 4 horizontal windage dots

1591854605_1055212155ee1c60db665f0.14972521.JPG

Leupold TS29X1 reticle from their custom shop. The line is now called the IMPACT instead of TS. There are variations like IMPACT 32, 45, 60 depending on the size and magnification of scope you have it installed in. I like the numbered hash marks....makes counting easier and more accurate. I use this scope on a 12 fpe springer in FT and also for informal long range target shooting and yes, I have used all 29 aiming points and up to 4 horizontal windage dots

1591854605_1055212155ee1c60db665f0.14972521.JPG

I have the LEUPOLD Horus H59 or was that 69? ANYWHOO super BUSY BODY RETICLE. Yours looks perfect. Thats the next custom shop upgrade I'll go for. Can that be fitted to both EFR 3-9x and 6.5-20x and what's the cost? Yo!

My favorite reticle for a close to medium range hunter/pester is an illuminated mil dot sfp. My farthest shots are in the 60 yard range, average in the 20 to 30 yard range but occasionally I need to make shots at 5 yards in the middle of the night. I can set a target up where I put my coon bait on my patio and shoot to see how low poi is. I then adjust the power to a point where a mil dot is on the pellet hole while the crosshair is on the spot I aimed at which is why I like the sfp.. In my case I adjust the power to 4 and hold 3 mildots high and it is lights out for Mr racoon. This is the set up I like on my hunting air rifles, other applications and the mil dot is less advantageous.

I really like the MTC SCB as above but have since bought an Athlon Talos BTR and an Arken SH4. The Arken is now my favorite as I like the floating crosshair like the others have but it is less cluttered and does have the numbers which helps me anyway.

Arken-4-14x44-SHR-reticle.jpg

Yup I LOVE my Arken SH-4 4-14x44. Best reticle I've used. And turrets that rival the Athlon Midas Tacs